billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great replies guys, I like to see constructive communication. Well my side, I'm 100% PM's and it come from the inside telling me to stack it. I may be wrong but I do have a strong faith and follow what my insides tell me. (Yes I'm a Christian)
I believe we will know shortly as everything around us is getting so controversial and going crazy and the main stream media is not even reporting any of it. So be prepared. I for one will Keep Stacking

By the way, The Duke raises them well. Well Well ..look at this.....! * ponderingtheessence

I'm afraid that our 21st Century Internet has repeated the history of the 1970's CB radio era...
It certainly sounds crazy doesn't it. I checked with Snopes.com and discovered that the entire story was false. snopes.com: Obama Stole His Social Security Number from Jean Paul Ludwig?

As for as silver/gold, as long as I can find it in garage sale jewelry for garage sale prices, I'll keep gathering both. At those same garage sales, I also buy cast brass items and any #12 or larger copper wire when the weights allows me easy scraping and to at least double my money. Then, I take the brass & copper scrap yard dollars and buy both ASE silver and ammo.

I discover one or both precious metals at least 3 out of 4 weekends in our heavy main six month garage sale "season". I guess I play it too conservatively, but, if I keep PMs or if I decide to sell PMs when they go passed $1,400 and $28.00, it allows for a profit to buy other tangible assets. If Harry Dent is right and they go down, I'll have little to no losses, and may still make something of a profit by selling PM jewelry to those that still have some discretionary money/assets to spend/barter.

Bill

Last edited:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid that our 21st Century Internet has repeated the history of the 1970's CB radio era...
It certainly sounds crazy doesn't it. I checked with Snopes.com and discovered that the entire story was false. snopes.com: Obama Stole His Social Security Number from Jean Paul Ludwig?

As for as silver/gold, as long as I can find it in garage sale jewelry for garage sale prices, I'll keep gathering both. At those same garage sales, I also buy cast brass items and any #12 or larger copper wire when the weights allows me easy scraping and to at least double my money. Then, I take the brass & copper scrap yard dollars and buy both ASE silver and ammo.

I discover one or both precious metals at least 3 out of 4 weekends in our heavy main six month garage sale "season". I guess I play it too conservatively, but, if I keep PMs or if I decide to sell PMs when they go passed $1,400 and $28.00, it allows for a profit to buy other tangible assets. If Harry Dent is right and they go down, I'll have little to no losses, and may still make something of a profit by selling PM jewelry to those that still have some discretionary money/assets to spend/barter.

Bill

Bill please don't take this the wrong way because I am not intending this to bash you at all.

I believe you are looking at the very short term for PM's which impacts how you buy and sell. While everybody has
their idea's on where PM's will be in the short term, I am holding for at least 15 more years. That is 15 years
of accumulating on my behalf without concern for the price right now. I used to be Silver Silver Silver. I have
now switched my thought process to Silver, Gold, Silver, Gold. I would like to have 80 ozt of gold before I retire
and it is quite doable from my calculations. That will give me enough money to pay off the rest of the mortgage
and any remaining bills. The Silver will be for the fun times that I hope I am alive for with my beautiful bride.

I could be wrong, I may be right. Who knows in this crazy whacked out world but one thing is for sure. Gold and Silver
have been used for currency way back in the time of Jesus and before.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
It is hard to "sell" the idea of silver to someone when it has been getting hammered on price over the course of 3 years (or however long it has been). Referencing the element of "time" does though make silver and gold a no brainer with respect to what asset(s) might be considered valuable at some time down the road. I can say that both Bill and Freedom are correct when you factor in the time issue. Anyone who is looking at a 10 year time frame (probably LESS than that, but I will be conservative with figures) will definitely see a time when PMs are valued much much more highly than they are now. This is just my opinion of course.

What helps me to not cry about owning PMs now is that there are some variables that cannot be argued: $17 trillion + debt levels and growing every day; 800 to 1200 Trillion in outstanding derivative exposure (a good bit that is based on interest rate levels being low, which if they should change drastically up could light the fuse); high real unemployment/undemployment levels; having most of our manufacturing base moved overseas; pensions all over the place not fully funded; etc etc.

When you see these real facts how can anyone say we are "recovering" or things are going to turn out well? Maybe some measures look less bad now than in the past few years, but many also look worse.

I would never underestimate the ability of those in power to keep this "game" going like it has been over the years, but at some point reality has to catch up with fantasy. At some point all those other countries that don't really like us (but liked our free handouts) are going to get together for drinks and not invite us, and will come up with ways to cut us out of the loop via currencies. All of this has been going on in some places and is reflected in the numerous trade/currency agreements with nations like China and many other countries who have already signed deals to do business with each other and not use dollars. Some of those agreeing to this are our "friends" like Japan and India, etc. Thus, if our "friends" are saying F' the dollar, what do you think our enemies will do? All of the gold that is going to Switzerland, Shanghai and Hong Kong that they say is going to China (who really knows where it is going) is leaving our country and probably our allies. Whomever is stacking it has a reason. I doubt it is for TSHF like it is for many of us. If said gold where ever used to "back" some new currency, it would be the death knell for the dollar, if it could be proven that said gold existed and perhaps if that currency had convertibility somehow.

I don't know how all of this will end up, but it looks scary to me. There is a reason gold (and silver) have been considered valuable for thousands of years and is the go to asset in times of trouble. People nowadays have vast amounts of wealth spread out in the population. If trust in paper assets ever starts to deteriorate they will seek those assets that are believed to hold value the best. You will see that some day when the PMs do take off and silver breaks 30 again, there will be a whole new flock of folks here talking about loading up and how great silver is, but that will be because it is going up. I think it is smarter to buy now when silver is not loved so much.

Just my opinion,

Jim

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good info here for someone just starting out with buying silver (i.e. me). Hoping to amass a decent amount of silver to hold on to for 10+ years, and pan for gold (as well as process old computer parts for their gold) that I'm going to hold onto as well.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Dollar index just dropped below 79 this morning. Of course, gold is being whacked down too. I hate to think what would happen to gold and silver if the dollar actually went UP for a change.

Jim

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Palladium is kicking, really, it's going like a wild bull. It seems, even the gold crash hasn't affected it too much.

But I selling palladium is very difficult.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread