jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two years ago, stories of fake tungsten-filled gold coins and bars began to spread; it appears, between the shortage of physical gold (after Asian central bank buying) and the increase in smuggling (courtesy of India's controls among others) that gold fraud is back on the rise. As SCMP reports, a mainland China businessman, Zhao Jingjun, discovered that HK$270 million of 998kg of gold bars he bought in Ghana had been swapped for non-precious metal bars. What is perhaps even more worrisome, given the probe into commodity-financing deals and the rehypothecation evaporation; these gold bars were shipped to a Chinese warehouse before Zhao was able to confirm the fraud.

One Ton Gold Shipment Into Hong Kong Revealed To Contain Just Worthless Metal | Zero Hedge

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Whew!!! Maybe I'm glad I'm not wealthy enough to buy these.....

Small denomination US silver coins!!!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Why do I keep thinking, "what comes around, goes around" for this guy?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but don't feel safe with 90% silver either there are lots of fakes out there. Keep Stacking

Realcent.org ? View topic - Fake 90% Silver

that surprises me.

I suppose if silver were a few hundred dollars an OZ but at todays prices, Even at $50.. an oz
it seems wasteful.

At least if silver were $1,000 an oz, a few fake Quarters & dimes mixed in a Bag would Hurt.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that surprises me.

I suppose if silver were a few hundred dollars an OZ but at todays prices, Even at $50.. an oz
it seems wasteful.

At least if silver were $1,000 an oz, a few fake Quarters & dimes mixed in a Bag would Hurt.

Yea but a lot of the 90% stuff where aimed at the collector market but now it's worth the forger to do thousands of dimes and quarters and other denominations and make a healthy profit. Heck that's why I have the slide tool now the best defense against the fake 90%'s. Keep Stacking

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so disgusting to read so many stories of fake gold bullion items.

Last year an article hit the news - it was about a bunch of fake Perth Mint bullion bars. They all looked so nice and they were in their original packages. But all fake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread