What to do?

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
In general, I don't like current silver prices (too high), but my gut tells me I need to continue to increase my silver holdings.

As I'm a long-term investor (I've been buying/collecting silver since I was a kid and have never sold an ounce) who can predict silver price movements about as accurately as I can call a coin flip, I've concluded that dollar cost averaging is my best approach. Systematic, periodic buying, without (much) regard to the current market price.

Picked up a few rolls of decent circulated Franklins this week at 16.5x, which is/was around a 10% premium to spot.

Only time will tell.......

TCK

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll continue to buy silver, and have bought it from $18 upwards. I'm in it for the long haul too, but its nice to have for a SHTF case and I want as much as I can get if that happens.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a long term "investor" as well. I don't pretend to be able to predict (nor am I really concerned about) the short term fluctuations in the PM's markets either but having an accurate understanding of economic fundamentals and sound money convinces me its just a matter of time before silver prices are at all time highs once again. Systemic periodic buying at what I believe is still artificially low silver prices (because the USD is priced artificially too high thanks to the Fed and other central banks throughout the world) will prove to be a wise financial/investment strategy sooner than later.

The USD remaining the worlds reserve currency is just a huge catastrophic Ponzi scheme that can't and won't last much longer despite the best efforts of the Fed to keep the absurd USD con game going. Economic reality will soon prove evident that cash is nothing but trash and gold and silver are real money.

"Paper is poverty. It is only the ghost of money, and not money itself " - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Skip the buying for now and arm yourself if youre not.SHTF is coming sooner not later.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn you must have allot of silver.my answer would be keep investing!

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get prepared first then stack, it's common sense. Food, water, ammo, first aid etc. then PM's and not for Investment but Survival. Keep Stacking

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Marchas You're tooo far north for the boogers to look for you. LOL

Nah,theres rocks all over the place that the pieces of slimy garbage are going to slither out from under.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What SHTF scenario are we talking about? Dollar collapse, martial law declaration and suspension of the consitution? Fema camp activation?

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally, I'm not banking on any sort of SHTF event. I do maintain a certain level of emergency supplies, and, for any number of reasons, would recommend that everyone do the same. Be prepared, nothing's certain.

In the same vein, I'm not buying silver in preparation for a SHTF event. I do believe that everyone should own and invest in a certain amount of hard assets, silver being one of them. I don't expect to see hyper-inflated silver prices in my lifetime, but do expect it to hold and generally increase in value over time. The fact that silver is a time-tested repository for value is not lost on me.

TCK

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What SHTF scenario are we talking about? Dollar collapse, martial law declaration and suspension of the consitution? Fema camp activation?

Add WW3,and a pandemic.Pick one of those 6 and a few of the others will follow.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Hyperinflation would obviously be the worst case scenario and would have catastrophic economic and social ramifications for this country that would make the deflationary depression of the '30's seem like the good 'ole days. Although I think that horrific scenario is certainty possible, I don't think its very probable.

The Fed and U.S. government will continue their absurd and irresponsible monetary and fiscal policies and postpone doing the right thing as long as possible until things are becoming so bad and they begin to realize that's its not only in the country's best interest for them to start being responsible and doing the right thing but its also in their own personal and political best interest in doing so as well. But all this year after year artificial economic stimulus with inflationary monetary policies and price fixing interest rates at artificially low levels which in turn facilitates increasing amounts of irresponsible government spending and national as well as personal debt will certainly have its consequences. So while I don't think the USD will lose all of its value (even though in reality it has no intrinsic value whatsoever) it will likely lose most of its value and its status as the world's reserve currency.

More and more people will begin to realize the importance of owning hard assets and sound money which has and also will be gold and silver.

"Paper is poverty. It is only the ghost of money, and not money itself " - Thomas Jefferson

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen please remember no politics except in the politics forum, it is getting close....

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim, I agree that by the time most people try to sell their USDs and buy real hard assets it will be too late and most people will have already lost most if not all of their savings and wealth. But like you said, its primarily artificial monetary market manipulation by not only the Fed but central banks all over the world that are keeping this fiat currency bubble con/scam going but this can't and won't last indefinitely and the longer it takes for this artificially inflated currency and bond market bubble to pop the worse it will be for owners of the USD.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentlemen please remember no politics except in the politics forum, it is getting close....

I didn't mean to get specifically political but it's not really possible to have an honest accurate comprehensive discussion about PM prices without discussing monetary and fiscal policy. And the Fed itself, who is primarily responsible for regulating the value of the USD which in turn affects the price of PMs, is and always has been extremely political. Since government and capitalism are exact opposites, I do admit to being anti-government but quite honestly my only politics is being in complete support of 100% free market capitalism.

Last edited:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100% with you SilverFace all Stackers know about the manipulation and what the governments and Elites part in the PM market. Hence why I have not renewed my Charter membership, it's getting to bloody controlling on the site. Sorry but that's how I feel.
I miss Jeff. Lol Keep Stacking

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't mean to get specifically political but it's not really possible to have an honest accurate comprehensive discussion about PM prices without discussing monetary and fiscal policy. And the Fed itself, who is primarily responsible for regulating the value of the USD which in turn affects the price of PMs, is and always has been extremely political. Since government and capitalism are exact opposites, I do admit to being anti-government but quite honestly my only politics is being in complete support of 100% free market capitalism.
As long as it is directly related it isn't a problem and is allowed. .. It is the general bashing that isn't related that is issue.

A 200 word post on feds poor monetary policy is allowed but if it includes a line bashing a party or politican in general it then crosses the line..

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol You mean I can't say anything negative about Obama, Yellen or any of the Banksters/ Lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol You mean I can't say anything negative about Obama, Yellen or any of the Banksters/ Lol
If it isn't directly related to monetary or PM policies then in this forum no, but you can talk about any politicians or party you want as long as it is in our political forum...

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you go back and check a lot of these threads then you will have to delete quite a few. LMAO especially the ones talking about Yellen, Bernanke, Dimon, Masters, and Gensler the unscrupulous Banksters along with the past Treasury head, Timothy Geithner and yes they have got to do with the Manipulation of the PM's . LMAO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread