Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???
If you could earn $20,000 by waiting all night outside the convention center hosting the American Numismatic Association’s World Fair of Money in Rosemont, Ill., you would probably do it.That’s the value of being first in line to buy the proof gold Kennedy half dollars that the Mint was to put on sale at the show at 11 a.m. central time.

Waiting in line was simply the first step of a gauntlet of requirements, but it was something that Nick Yadgarov, a coin collector from Los Angeles willingly did. He was accompanied by his girlfriend, Callie Hohlfeld, his sister Rina Maya and his brother Daniel Yadgarov.

- See more at: First four gold Kennedys go for $20,000 | Numismatic News

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I just saw that article a little while ago myself. This sure is the popular coin for collectors right now. After waiting online for almost 2 hours earlier today (while I was working) I managed to order 2 of the coins for myself - with a backorder date of 8/20 that may be subject to change. I usually just stick to silver but I suppose I just couldn't resist. Maybe if prices on the secondary market are high enough I might be tempted to sell one. I noticed a few flippers are already selling them on ebay with current bids about $100 over the US Mint sales price.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To many oz's of Silver to be had for what you have to spend on the Kennedy Half's. So I'll stick to Silver. Keep Stacking

P.S. Look at the big hype for the Baseball Hall of Fame coins and you can buy them cheaper now.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I wouldn't spend my Money on Either .
paying that much more then Melt is insanity imo

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I agree, you guys are right. I've been staying away from numismatics the past several years for the same reasons you guys mentioned. I kinda let my emotions force me to go against my better judgment with this coin. But since it's a one of a kind 50th anniversary commemorative pure gold coin I keep thinking I can't go wrong. Well, since its still on backorder that'll give me a little more time to think about it and maybe reconsider, which the more time I have to think about it the more I'm likely to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread