Interesting Article on Gold --The US Gold in Fort Knox is Secure, Gone, or Irrelevant

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1950 the US owned about 20,000 metric tons of gold – approximately 640,000,000 troy ounces. By August 15, 1971 when President Nixon “temporarily” closed the “gold window” that hoard had decreased to about 8,100 tons (Fort Knox, the NY Fed, and other locations). The US government had been overspending, exporting dollars oversees, and other governments had “cashed in” those dollars for gold. At that rate of decrease, the US gold hoard would have been entirely dissipated by now. Perhaps it is gone!

The US Gold in Fort Knox is Secure, Gone, or Irrelevant | The Deviant Investor

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1950 the US owned about 20,000 metric tons of gold – approximately 640,000,000 troy ounces. By August 15, 1971 when President Nixon “temporarily” closed the “gold window” that hoard had decreased to about 8,100 tons (Fort Knox, the NY Fed, and other locations). The US government had been overspending, exporting dollars oversees, and other governments had “cashed in” those dollars for gold. At that rate of decrease, the US gold hoard would have been entirely dissipated by now. Perhaps it is gone!

The US Gold in Fort Knox is Secure, Gone, or Irrelevant | The Deviant Investor

Perhaps it is gone! You have to be kidding right. LMAO They have been paying the Chinese and Russia off with our Gold, the last few years. Keep Stacking

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah....it's like a giant fan, with a truck load of manure slowly raising it's bed above it.

Makes you sick to think of what will eventually happen.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
If the Yamashita gold story is true, then the fort knox gold would be irrelevant in terms of volume. I bet the US still has some of its gold from the 1933 call in where they melted the coinage. How much is left is the question though. The PM bugs like to theorize that it is all gone, but how would they know? I used to think that but know don't think it is all gone. Especially if the US did get the Japanese gold.

http://blog.milesfranklin.com/yamashitas-gold

The Secret WWII Gold Hoard That Changed the World | American Free Press

PS Would be interesting to know where all that gold has gone if the US doesn't have it. Unlike silver, gold doesn't get "lost" in large amounts in industry like silver does from what I understand. So most gold ever mined is still somewhere either in a vault, underground or at the bottom of the sea. Maybe someday all that gold will be used to back some currency?

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread