Premiums on junk silver dropping

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I just noticed today at one of my local stores how low the premiums have become compared to what they had been over the last year or so. I could have had decent 90% halves for 14.50 X face. That's only $20.40 or so per ounce of pure silver if I calculated that right. I'd rather have those than generic bullion if I can check them to make sure they are legit.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea Jim premiums are down all over the board which is very interesting. Lol Keep Stacking

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I too have noticed the steep decline in premiums for 90%. It's unfortunate, like silver is losing popularity.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Yea Jim premiums are down all over the board which is very interesting. Lol Keep Stacking

Charlie,

Here the premiums on ASE's and generic haven't budged in the past 6 months or so, but the junk silver premiums have cut in half or more it seems. Maybe weak hands are selling and the inventory is building up or they are getting more fake chinese junk silver to sell. LOL

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie,

Here the premiums on ASE's and generic haven't budged in the past 6 months or so, but the junk silver premiums have cut in half or more it seems. Maybe weak hands are selling and the inventory is building up or they are getting more fake chinese junk silver to sell. LOL

Jim

By the way I received my Precious Metals Verifier last night and it's awesome. I won't leave home without it now especially when I buy from the street. Lol Keep Stacking

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by the LCS today and picked up some dimes. $18.50 for $1 face. That's down from the $20 he was charging last time I was in. Still too high I think. But he's pretty much the only dealer around.
Charlie, how does your new gadget work? Do we get to see a video of it in action? Please!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
On the other hand, I'd been focusing on picking up silver dollars on Ebay. 3 weeks ago I was landing rolls at what I considered fair prices bidding for circulated. But over the last week or so, I've been outbid by some ridiculous amounts. I saw a regular roll of circulated Morgans hit $810, and have been repeatedly outbid on the ones I chased.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way I received my Precious Metals Verifier last night and it's awesome. I won't leave home without it now especially when I buy from the street. Lol Keep Stacking

Haven't heard of that - acid tests or some new gizmo?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up some Common Merc's At 19x Yesterday , when this store is at 19x , I can usually drive 30 min up the road & get
17x but mostly for worn Merc's & Washington Quarters ; WLH used to be the same 17x at this Dealer but has jumped to 18x at this price level.

For what it's worth.

Davers

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up some Common Merc's At 19x Yesterday , when this store is at 19x , I can usually drive 30 min up the road & get
17x but mostly for worn Merc's & Washington Quarters ; WLH used to be the same 17x at this Dealer but has jumped to 18x at this price level.

For what it's worth.

Davers

Davers my friend do yourself a favor and go to BullionStackers.com and you will find
Silver at 14x + Keep Stacking, Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread