jmbullion.co and amark.com ... are they reputable?

Slims

Sep 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to you guys. I have been interested in buying silver bars and rounds, and it looks like right now might be a good time. I will not deal on ebay, and I dont want to pay the premium for coins added numismatic value, so I have been looking for a legit place to buy the rounds and bars.

I would like bars first and foremost, and I have found a bunch I would like on jmbullion.com. They are located in Texas. Have any of you guys purchased from them? Is everything legit? I have my eyes on the hand poured atlantis mint 2 oz bars. They look cool as hell.

While researching some of the mints, I came across a dealer local to me called amark.com. They are located in Los Angeles, so pickup would be easier and if anything came up fraudulent I imagine it would be easier to remedy. Thy sell rounds from the sunshine mint.

Anyway, have any of you guys dealt with either company? jmbullion or amark?

Thanks for your time.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Hello to you guys. I have been interested in buying silver bars and rounds, and it looks like right now might be a good time. I will not deal on ebay, and I dont want to pay the premium for coins added numismatic value, so I have been looking for a legit place to buy the rounds and bars.

I would like bars first and foremost, and I have found a bunch I would like on jmbullion.com. They are located in Texas. Have any of you guys purchased from them? Is everything legit? I have my eyes on the hand poured atlantis mint 2 oz bars. They look cool as hell.

While researching some of the mints, I came across a dealer local to me called amark.com. They are located in Los Angeles, so pickup would be easier and if anything came up fraudulent I imagine it would be easier to remedy. Thy sell rounds from the sunshine mint.

Anyway, have any of you guys dealt with either company? jmbullion or amark?

Thanks for your time.

I have heard that JM is good from reading that on other forums but I don't have any first hand knowledge. I know that Apmex is great but their prices are higher from what I have heard.

I don't know about Amark but I have a couple of their old 10 oz bars and they are fine. I have never ordered online but if I did I would try to find a place that takes credit cards and doesn't charge too much extra for that. I know from other industries that the buyer gets mucho protection on credit card purchases if the items aren't delivered, etc. In my opinion it would be worth an extra couple percentage points in costs to be able to get a charge back if something goes wrong (like when I renewed my gym membership once with a cc and they went under a week later, I got all my $$$ back but the folks who paid by check were screwed).

Just my opinion.

Jim

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought $10 Face from JM Bullion twice. Both times they were a roll of 90% quarters. The first time was pretty slow, took two weeks to receive. The second time was within a week.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JM Bullion is great. Bought a few things from them on three separate occassions. Can't beat their free shipping.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
I like that Provident gives a discount for checks, but I have only dealt with them online
except for some who have given me deals here in the classifieds.

I do have a local who always gives me deals and most of my silver comes from
this private citizen, he bought physical big in the 70's and likes me so.........

Last edited:

Mason Jarr

Nov 23, 2012
Southwest Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've bought several monster boxes from JM Bullion and haven't had any problems. The items were shipped quickly and securely through UPS with a required signature at my end.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy from JM alot, as long as the order is over $100 you get free shipping. Love their service, and fast shipping. If I order on a Monday or Tuesday, with regular shipping, I have product in my hand Friday/Saturday at the latest.

OP
OP
S

Slims

Sep 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the responses guys. I guess I feel comfortable now buying from JM Bullion. I do have another question though...I also want to invest in copper and JM only deals in 1oz. I found another seller online called provident metals. I also noticed they sell silver shot. I was also interested in buying a crucible and hunting thrift stores for sterling to melt down, but if I can buy shot from provident metals for almost spot, I suppose I would rather pour .999 rather than .925 bars. Any info on provident?

Thanks again guys.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provident is very good and very reputable and usually have some good deals along with free shipping. Keep Stacking

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello to you guys. I have been interested in buying silver bars and rounds, and it looks like right now might be a good time. I will not deal on ebay, and I dont want to pay the premium for coins added numismatic value, so I have been looking for a legit place to buy the rounds and bars. I would like bars first and foremost, and I have found a bunch I would like on jmbullion.com. They are located in Texas. Have any of you guys purchased from them? Is everything legit? I have my eyes on the hand poured atlantis mint 2 oz bars. They look cool as hell. While researching some of the mints, I came across a dealer local to me called amark.com. They are located in Los Angeles, so pickup would be easier and if anything came up fraudulent I imagine it would be easier to remedy. Thy sell rounds from the sunshine mint. Anyway, have any of you guys dealt with either company? jmbullion or amark? Thanks for your time.
Apmex

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread