Silver Predictions?

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone think they know whats gonna happen and when I should buy in? I bought about 50 ounces when silver was $20-20.50 and now I'm regretting it.

Thats not regret, regret is 200 ozt when it was 30.50/ozt lol

Hang in there, we wont be at these prices for a considerable amount of time. If you arent in it for the long haul I would get back to the 21-22 range and sell. It might be awhile before 26-30 reaches us again.

Of course if you are looking for an "out now" scenario, I would be interested in $18 ozt for whatever you have ;)

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats not regret, regret is 200 ozt when it was 30.50/ozt lol

Hang in there, we wont be at these prices for a considerable amount of time. If you arent in it for the long haul I would get back to the 21-22 range and sell. It might be awhile before 26-30 reaches us again.

Of course if you are looking for an "out now" scenario, I would be interested in $18 ozt for whatever you have ;)
Long haul is right. I waited almost 35 years between the run-ups...I may not be around for the next.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I predict that at some point the PMs will cease correcting and move up in price during the time the stock market is falling. If interest rates for some reason start rising fast it could upset the derivatives market and cause some negative spill over into stocks. Some day down the road I believe there will be large scale problems in "paper" markets of all kinds, which will cause money to flow into tangibles like PMs, artwork (setting record prices now), land, etc.

If a person expects to live another 5 years, maybe 10 at the longest, they will see gold and silver reach incredibly high levels (buying power) compared to any past highs reached. Look at current world events and what they are leading towards. It ain't pretty.

Just my opinion.

Jim

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to tell.. Gold tends to rise/fall with the DXY fall/rise. Silver usually does too, but silver is mostly an industrial metal now. I can see physical getting more expensive when electronic companies/solar panel companies require more of it, therefore benefiting those who have decided to invest in holding physical silver. If the dollar keeps up at the pace it has, PM's will continue to go down. I can see silver going up however, even if the DXY goes up, if companies require more physical silver for production in products, and demand starts to outweigh what is available. I read somewhere that they are going to start training vets to install solar panels, who knows when people holding physical silver will see an increase, if any, from a rise in solar panel demand, but fact is, they will need more silver to produce quality panels, which should raise the price. Too many variables to really make a solid prediction on anything really, but I'll keep stacking regardless...if not for my financial future, then to be passed on to my son.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember, the bulk of silver is on paper, beyond which there is no actual physical silver, period. I posted an article on this in the Precious Metals forum today. As I recall from a month or so ago - more than - an interview with someone from Bloomberg stated that silver is a $6 trillion market, where there are only 15 billion ounces physically in existence. I don't know the absolute truth of that, but I do know that paper ownership far outnumbers the physical silver available.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Start buying again as it gets in the 12s and continues to drop thereby averaging down your holdings.
Don........
Sure, if you want to throw money away. Why would one buy a commodity that is falling in price? Don't you wait for the bottom and buy on the upswing?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In an unreal world that would work.
In the real world no one knows when or at one price 'the bottom' is.
When you believe silver will or does hit bottom, please let me know.
Meanwhile, I'll stick with my suggestion.
Don........

SyrocoKid

Sep 12, 2014
Syracuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this price drop on silver. I just got into the stacking game, and I enjoy the fact I can continually buy it cheaper so far. I have little doubt there will be an upswing in the price eventually, so I will accumulate now while I have the option to afford it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I love this price drop on silver. I just got into the stacking game, and I enjoy the fact I can continually buy it cheaper so far. I have little doubt there will be an upswing in the price eventually, so I will accumulate now while I have the option to afford it.
Many of us said the same @ $35. Silver's been in free fall ever since. Why lose money now, when it can go lower? The paper game can go on for a lot longer than we think.

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure, if you want to throw money away. Why would one buy a commodity that is falling in price? Don't you wait for the bottom and buy on the upswing?

If you know where "the bottom" is, why waste time on this forum? Get out there and spend all that money you are going to be making!!

Seriously though, IMO, dollar cost averaging is the way to go, which is similar to Mackaydon's strategy.

TCK

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

If you know where "the bottom" is, why waste time on this forum? Get out there and spend all that money you are going to be making!!

Seriously though, IMO, dollar cost averaging is the way to go, which is similar to Mackaydon's strategy.

TCK
I don't recall posting that I knew where the bottom was. I do know that averaging down in any commodity is a mistake, as I've learned. Follow the market and wait for confirmation that the downtrend is over.

I am no way anti-PM, although I lost my stack in a very terrible house fire, now just waiting for the right price to start stacking.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I don't recall posting that I knew where the bottom was. I do know that averaging down in any commodity is a mistake, as I've learned. Follow the market and wait for confirmation that the downtrend is over.

I am no way anti-PM, although I lost my stack in a very terrible house fire, now just waiting for the right price to start stacking.

I think your theory assumes there would be an orderly ascent once the metal recovers. It is possible that once we reach bottom the price bounces back to near 20 or so and you would not have time to load up the truck at 17 or whatever the bottom is.

You don't lose money on an ounce of silver you bought at 35 unless you sell it for less than that. As long as you hold you really haven't lost money per se, just value as measured at that moment.

Just my opinion.

Jim

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your theory assumes there would be an orderly ascent once the metal recovers. It is possible that once we reach bottom the price bounces back to near 20 or so and you would not have time to load up the truck at 17 or whatever the bottom is.

You don't lose money on an ounce of silver you bought at 35 unless you sell it for less than that. As long as you hold you really haven't lost money per se, just value as measured at that moment.

Just my opinion.

Jim

This is the best way to think of PM's. Not only that, but storing it helps take more PM's off the market, and eventually can help to increase fiat value if there is more demand and not enough physical.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
The USD is the worlds biggest con and a ticking time bomb. Although theres no way to predict the exact timing, silver at these artificially low prices is unlikely to last too much longer - despite the best efforts of the Fed to keep the USD priced artificially high. As long as you are buying and holding for the long term and you understand the basic economic fundamentals of whats happing now, then you shouldn't be concerned about artificially low prices now. Lower silver prices should be considered an even better buying opportunity but not a reason for concern about how much you've already bought. Your patience and prudence now will be greatly rewarded when silver prices are once again at all time highs and beyond. Its just a matter of time and that time is probably much sooner than most people realize.

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Silver now $17.21; broke through yearly low; I'm holding off buying till $12.
Don....
PS: Now at $17.06 (freefall)
PPS: Ooops; $16.97 down 50 cents; an "E-ticket" ride downhill.

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Prices are sure getting low. With all the QE taper talk it will be interesting to see just how low prices go. I believe its been almost 6 years since the last recession so based on the 5 year or so average we are already overdo for another cyclical recession. Then since the Fed cant lower interest rates any more than the current 0% rate they are just going to have to reverse course and start increasing QE again.

Its just a mater of time before more and more people are going to finally wake up to the reality that's its the cheap money and 0% interest rates that's fueling this economy and there never has been a legitimate economic recovery at all. Its all just been artificial stimulus from the Fed and there is no exit strategy without a lot of economic pain. They are just going to keep this con going as long as they can while in the meantime making our economy worse and worse as the national debt just grows and grows.

Rising interest rates and a crashing dollar are going to finally make people realize the importance of sound money and send silver prices back to all time highs and beyond. Current and even potentially lower silver prices in the near future are probably not only the buying opportunity of a lifetime but possibly the best time in the history of the world to be buying silver. Time will tell and conditions will likely get quite interesting in the months and years ahead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread