Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very informative video Jim. Been reading your posts, I'm curious as your current view on silver. Do you think it has bottomed out and on a slow breakout? What about the upcoming Swiss vote? What affect do YOU think it will have in either direction? Should I buy now or wait? Don't worry, I won't hold you to your word if all goes wrong, I'm just looking for some guidance. Thanks, Rich

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Very informative video Jim. Been reading your posts, I'm curious as your current view on silver. Do you think it has bottomed out and on a slow breakout? What about the upcoming Swiss vote? What affect do YOU think it will have in either direction? Should I buy now or wait? Don't worry, I won't hold you to your word if all goes wrong, I'm just looking for some guidance. Thanks, Rich

Rich,

I am buying for the long haul so to speak. I look at my silver holdings like a type of retirement account. I have around 20 years or so before I can think about retiring. I cannot say what the next few months or even year will look like but I am not concerned. But I personally feel that the current price level is a good entry point, especially if a person does not have that much silver AND believes that silver will be much higher valued someday down the road.

I have a different buying plan than many and am fortunate to have good "connections" so that for the past year or so mostly I have been buying items with some built in semi numismatic characteristics, so that even if silver falls more I can sell my acquisitions on ebay for a good profit. For example, I have been buying mostly US silver dollar commemoratives (modern), BU rolls of 90% quarters, dimes and halves, official gov minted foreign silver specialty coins like proof coins from UK and Australia, etc. Please note that I don't recommend these for others unless you can get them fairly close to melt like I can sometimes.

I wouldn't be buying silver with rent money, etc. It could take months/years before we start moving up again, but like I said I have 20 years and am not worried. I am self employed and have a decent cash flow (not as good in current economy) so if the price falls more I won't crap my pants but will buy more.

PS About the Swiss vote, I don't think it will come to pass that they back their currency with 20% or whatever it is. I am pessimistic in that even if the vote somehow passes, I feel they will put road blocks up to prevent it from becoming law or from being implemented some how. I would like to see it pass though. Would be great.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Jim ! I too really enjoyed the video - you really have a good handle on this PM stuff !

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Thank You Jim ! I too really enjoyed the video - you really have a good handle on this PM stuff !

Thanks for the kind words- not sure how much of a handle I have though. Are you the same Argentium on GIM2?

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread