Dutch Central Bank moves 122 tons of gold reserves from New York to Amsterdam.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Associated Press.

AMSTERDAM – The Dutch Central Bank says it has recently shipped 122.5 tons of gold worth around 4 billion euros ($5 billion) from safekeeping in New York back to its headquarters in Amsterdam.

In a statement Friday morning the bank said that its 612.5-ton national gold reserve is now divided 31 percent in Amsterdam, 31 percent in New York, 20 percent in Ottawa, Canada and 18 percent in London.

"With this adjustment the Dutch Central Bank joins other banks that are keeping a larger share of their gold supply in their own country," the bank said in a statement. "In addition to a more balanced division of the gold reserves...this may also contribute to a positive confidence effect with the public."

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question: Why do countries keep some of their gold in other countries?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'd answer that one, but I don't want to go back to banned camp. Suffice it to say, "they is polyticks involved" ... PM me if you want a more direct answer.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps it is because all of Europe was pillaged during WWII.
145 metric tons of gold was removed from vaults of the Dutch Treasury by the Nazis during WWII.
Only 70 tons were returned from the total of gold that was recovered by the Allies after the war.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-I wonder how long it took to actually get their gold back and wonder if each ingot had its own X-ray verification?

With that amount of "Tonnage" of gold bullion removed from American storage, it makes me wonder how much actual gold bullion America has....??

Bill

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said the mars probe may have found gold and will do some tests

Top Member Reactions