Commodity price manipulation

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like my suspicions that this oil stuff, etc, as being directed by US/Nato to punish Russia might be accurate. Now it looks like we will be friends with Cuba soon. Weren't Cuba and Russia good buddies for decades? Very interesting. The pieces are starting to fall into place it appears.

U.S. to start talks with Cuba to normalize ties - The Washington Post

PS Hoping Putin is a wimp deep down, but I doubt it.

Just my opinion.

Jim

RiversideRob

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2011
Riverside, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is to bad. The AK is probably one of the most reliable weapons ever built. I have several though they are not Russian, some are chech and some are Chinese. I would love to find a "Russian" AK-47.

I know this is probably the wrong forum, but maybe someone can explain to me why the civilian population needs automatic weapons. I'm all for the 2nd amendment, but unless you want to shoot up a theater or school or carve a smiley face in a deer, what's the point?

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is probably the wrong forum, but maybe someone can explain to me why the civilian population needs automatic weapons. I'm all for the 2nd amendment, but unless you want to shoot up a theater or school or carve a smiley face in a deer, what's the point?

Yes. This is the wrong forum.

But if you actually took the time to understand how firearms work and the lies that the media is feeding you, then you might realize that none of the recent school or theater shootings used "automatic weapons". Not a single one. Every single school and theater shooting that has occurred in the last few years used "semi-automatic weapons" (one trigger pull equals one bullet leaving the barrel). Are you shocked to learn that the media has lied to you about this?

Considering that there are virtually no deaths each year that are attributable to fully automatic weapons, then I don't see a problem with civilians owning them. Fully automatic weapons are already heavily regulated (although legal) and are very expensive because of that fact. For example, you can buy a semi-automatic AR-15 for around $1000 (give or take depending on options). A fully automatic version of the same/similar rifle will cost you about $15,000. Therefore, very few civilians actually own these rifles and they are NOT being used in crimes because the people that own them are basically rich, upper class folks who aren't typically involved in crimes.

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oil Prices are simple - supply and demand, basic economics......Hey Bob - Not sure you understand the 2nd amendment, if you did you wouldn't have asked that question. please read the 2nd again, you will probably answer yourself. Hope this helps!

RiversideRob

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2011
Riverside, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I knew I would get some smart ass remarks with that comment. I DO realize what the 2nd amendment represents. Answer the question. Why do we need to arm the public with AUTOMATIC weapons. SEMI-automatic for that matter. Are you that bad of a shot?
Oil Prices are simple - supply and demand, basic economics......Hey Bob - Not sure you understand the 2nd amendment, if you did you wouldn't have asked that question. please read the 2nd again, you will probably answer yourself. Hope this helps!

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Last I knew the average law abiding citizen could own a full auto weapon. You have to get a permit, pay a fee (about 1k a yr), keep it in a gun safe and have it ready upon demand if the ATF comes to your door. Too high a priced toy for me but I see no reason you can't have one if you want it if you meet the qualifications.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I knew I would get some smart ass remarks with that comment. I DO realize what the 2nd amendment represents. Answer the question. Why do we need to arm the public with AUTOMATIC weapons. SEMI-automatic for that matter. Are you that bad of a shot?

Is it your position that the 2nd Amendment was written to protect hunters' rights?

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you even understand what a semi-automatic weapon is? Do you have any firearms knowledge whatsoever? Do you also have a problem with double action revolvers even though they fire just as fast as a semi-automatic pistol does? Are you just getting hung up on the word "automatic" without really understanding what it means?

Again, this is not the proper forum to have a discussion on the 2nd amendment and to educate you on how guns work. Perhaps you should start by doing a little research on your own. What I have always found to be true is that the more people research and understand how guns work, the more they start to understand how ridiculous their past beliefs about guns were. Try it. I think you'll appreciate the idea of knowing a lot more about guns than the media apparently knows. Then you'll be able to easily separate the truth from the lies. Until then, you are at the mercy of the media. And the media does not have a vested interest in telling you the truth...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor misunderstood bob! Pay your 20$ and come over to the forum where you are allowed to voice your uninformed opinions. But leave this one alone.

I am extremely interested in this topic, I have heard that some want to do away with the strategic oil reserve? A temporary extremely low price is a powerful reason to disallow pipelines, drilling, fracking and many, many forms of energy independence. I hope that isn't the motivation.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I am extremely interested in this topic, I have heard that some want to do away with the strategic oil reserve? A temporary extremely low price is a powerful reason to disallow pipelines, drilling, fracking and many, many forms of energy independence. I hope that isn't the motivation.

Dave,

This is just my guess, but I believe that this low oil price phenomenon will not last too long (more than a year or so and probably less). The reason is that the low prices now (and what may come later) are really hurting Russia (along with other sanctions) and they will do one of a few things at some point 1) Give up on Ukraine and/or make extremely huge concessions on the issue that satisfy US and Nato or 2) Rebel in some manner aiming harm at the US or Nato interests (I don't know what that could be, maybe computer hacking or something like that), or 3) ?.

Other countries are going to feel the pain in large amount too, but I don't know what they can do to stop it. Russia on the other hand is still a superpower and has high tech nuclear weapons and such- not some third world nation.

I don't necessarily think we will see 100 again in the near future, but at some point oil will find a bottom. Unless Russia is willing to fight back in some manner, they will have to cave eventually and that's when you would see a fast move up that could recoup 50% or so from what it lost from the last highest high. I plan to play some bullish leveraged oil ETF's when the time comes.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That forum is no longer operational. But if you become a charter member, you can dish it out if you can take the rebuttal without crying. Actually you can cry if you want but it doesn't help.

In the charter members area. But you can ignore that forum just as easily as any other on TNet!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please end the politics in this thread, all politics go in our politics forum.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I knew the average law abiding citizen could own a full auto weapon. You have to get a permit, pay a fee (about 1k a yr), keep it in a gun safe and have it ready upon demand if the ATF comes to your door. Too high a priced toy for me but I see no reason you can't have one if you want it if you meet the qualifications.

No yearly fees, no requirement to keep them in safes. $200 ATF Tax stamp, signoff from your local Chief Law Enforcement(usually the Sheriff) and ATF background check and you're done, assuming your state allows ownership.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's an interesting thread Jim, and the fact that the consumer is all :) right now that the fuel prices have receaded for the first time in years. But really we're all going to pay the price somewhere down the road, either the investment side will cave in, or when OPEC succeeds in shutting down the NA shale gas producers and the unemployment starts to go up again with highly paid oil/gas workers sitting on EI or in the welfare line. Commodities are being manipulated by the big players, and really who's going to stop them? This is an interesting read if you have LOTS of time.
Hearings| Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My look back on 2014 regarding the decline in the price of oil.
The decline hurt everyone, even the Saudi's who are projecting a $37B budget deficit in 2015. Russia and Iran being specific targets to affect their economics, is just unfounded collateral damage; part of the damage to all countries highly dependent upon oil.

Instead, we are experiencing basic economics: An increase in global supplies--largely due to increased shale production in the US--has combined with a lower global demand as economics in Europe continues to sputter, as it does Asian growth. This combination is the main driver of of the oil price meltdown; again, IMHO.
Best to you all in 2015 !!
Don..

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
My look back on 2014 regarding the decline in the price of oil.
The decline hurt everyone, even the Saudi's who are projecting a $37B budget deficit in 2015. Russia and Iran being specific targets to affect their economics, is just unfounded collateral damage; part of the damage to all countries highly dependent upon oil.

Instead, we are experiencing basic economics: An increase in global supplies--largely due to increased shale production in the US--has combined with a lower global demand as economics in Europe continues to sputter, as it does Asian growth. This combination is the main driver of of the oil price meltdown; again, IMHO.
Best to you all in 2015 !!
Don..

Looks like I was right on this one Don. Supply and demand.... yeah right. Because we all know it is normal market action when a commodity everyone needs in some respect drops over 60% in a matter of months.

Obama admits falling oil prices aimed at weakening Russian economy - GoldSilver.com

Just my opinion.

Jim

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Weakening Russian economy is collateral damage; nothing is 'aimed' at them; political rhetoric.
Falling oil prices affects all countries that base a significant amount of their budgets on the price of oil. Russia, Iran, Iraq, Venezuela, etc. And with oil hovering around $50 PB, IMO, most all shale operations are now operating in the negative, based on a $60 PB cost to produce. And if oil prices continue to drop, due to a glut of it on the market and more 'in the pipeline', we'll soon see many companies shutter their doors--until supply and demand start to balance--as they will.
Don....

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mini prediction for the end of the week: Crude closer to $40 than $50. US crude oil inventory numbers,due out tomorrow, will be a factor in further decline in price decreases, as will Saudi's continuation of cutting the price for European buyers and for U.S. refiners.
Don......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread