Historical data from chart service.
:icon_scratch: 2015 Price anyone?
Click on chart to enlarge.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My prediction:

I predict silver will be around $14.50 on 1/1/2016 (exactly one year from now). The important part is that premiums will continue to fall. When the price has remained fairly steady for 12 months (+/- 2%) and the premiums have returned to the point where junk silver can be bought from major dealers for less than spot again, then that will be the signal that we have reached the bottom. This will probably not happen until 2017. When this happens you'll have plenty of time to buy at those prices because the price will languish there for several years. Just look at a historical silver chart from 1980-2000 to see what we have in store for us.

All just my opinion. For reference, around two years ago I called silver hitting $16 on 1/1/2015. We are at $15.69 today so I was just a little off. :occasion14:

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My prediction:

I predict silver will be around $14.50 on 1/1/2016 (exactly one year from now). The important part is that premiums will continue to fall. When the price has remained fairly steady for 12 months (+/- 2%) and the premiums have returned to the point where junk silver can be bought from major dealers for less than spot again, then that will be the signal that we have reached the bottom. This will probably not happen until 2017. When this happens you'll have plenty of time to buy at those prices because the price will languish there for several years. Just look at a historical silver chart from 1980-2000 to see what we have in store for us.

All just my opinion. For reference, around two years ago I called silver hitting $16 on 1/1/2015. We are at $15.69 today so I was just a little off. :occasion14:

Very nice call Brad :notworthy:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
My prediction:

I also said silver would be at $16 in June of 2013. I believe silver will be above $20 by Dec. 2015 and it will be fun to see which way it goes. Just my opinion also.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also said silver would be at $16 in June of 2013. I believe silver will be above $20 by Dec. 2015 and it will be fun to see which way it goes. Just my opinion also.

I remember you making that call. We were two of some of the only ones out here who thought the price was going to go down (lastleg was also with us if I recall). Almost everyone else was calling for major stacking because they claimed the price was going to $100 at some point in the near future.

I'm curious as to why you think we will be above $20 by Dec. 2015. I believe you could very well be right, but I'm thinking we still have a way to go yet before we hit that price. I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter.

My belief is that we are looking at another instance like 1980. Fear drove the price to near $50 and that fear is gone. A lot of people have been burned and it will take a long time for the price to climb back up to that level without some sort of "event" happening. If we don't get another event then I feel it could be many years before we see $20 again.

But this is all just my opinion.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I remember you making that call. We were two of some of the only ones out here who thought the price was going to go down (lastleg was also with us if I recall). Almost everyone else was calling for major stacking because they claimed the price was going to $100 at some point in the near future.

I'm curious as to why you think we will be above $20 by Dec. 2015. I believe you could very well be right, but I'm thinking we still have a way to go yet before we hit that price. I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter.

My belief is that we are looking at another instance like 1980. Fear drove the price to near $50 and that fear is gone. A lot of people have been burned and it will take a long time for the price to climb back up to that level without some sort of "event" happening. If we don't get another event then I feel it could be many years before we see $20 again.

But this is all just my opinion.
I see your point about people being burned and are reluctant to get back in but now is the time to get back in because the price is low right now. I know a group that just bought 50,000 ounces of silver plus I know of others getting ready to make big buys. Hoarders are stacking huge piles now and the supply will be less raising the price by the end of the year. I also think there will be a major event in 2015 that will also cause precious metal to go up. Also the reason oil prices are low right now is because our and other governments are trying to hurt the Russian economy and make Putin behave. This is just my opinion and you may be right on target. We will see at the end of the year and I hope you have a great 2015.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your point about people being burned and are reluctant to get back in but now is the time to get back in because the price is low right now. I know a group that just bought 50,000 ounces of silver plus I know of others getting ready to make big buys. Hoarders are stacking huge piles now and the supply will be less raising the price by the end of the year. I also think there will be a major event in 2015 that will also cause precious metal to go up. Also the reason oil prices are low right now is because our and other governments are trying to hurt the Russian economy and make Putin behave. This is just my opinion and you may be right on target. We will see at the end of the year and I hope you have a great 2015.

Thanks Dman. I can't argue with your logic. You may be right on the money with your prediction! :occasion14:

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The five-year historic resistance level seems to be about $10.
I'll wait till $12 then start stacking; cautiously.
Don....

I'm not sure we will get down that far but who knows? You may end up being right on the money with your prediction. I just don't know where to call the bottom. I'm thinking more along the lines of mid $13 range but I have nothing to base that on other than average yearly inflation adjusted prices from 1964. And I don't put much faith in those.

I really hope you are right though. I will definitely load up if it gets down to $10-$12 and the premiums are low. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread