Silver at almost $18 and gold at almost $1300 ... tis been awile.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get your hopes up. Same thing happened last year. Silver jumped $2 in early February but continued its downward movement after a short while. The price has been going in a three month cycle with jumps and dips along the way. But the overall trend has been down for two years. Use an appropriate timeframe to filter out the waves and you see a steady decline.

I'm getting to the point where I only check silver prices once a week. And I'm thinking that once a month would be more indicative of the overall trend.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a side note, I went to the monthly coin show this past Sunday (after the huge spike in prices on Friday) and the show was packed with people wanting to buy generic silver. These people were nowhere to be seen when the price of silver was below $16. Go figure. :)

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
As a side note, I went to the monthly coin show this past Sunday (after the huge spike in prices on Friday) and the show was packed with people wanting to buy generic silver. These people were nowhere to be seen when the price of silver was below $16. Go figure. :)

That's typical of most people (and many you will see post here). When price is going down- run for the hills; when price is going to the moon- buy buy buy.

I just sold a little because I want the cash for other purposes, so I fully expect the price to rise for the next few days so that when I check the price (about every 2 hours or so) I will have slight regrets for selling.

I am not turning bearish and am still much too overweight in physical silver, but I still hated parting with it.

Just my opinion.

Jim

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up a roll of Walkers and a roll of Ben's this weekend, also for $157 each, delivered. Seems I'm stuck on buying halves these days.

90% silver prices appear to have firmed a bit since my last purchase in December.

TCK

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1-21-2015 - 9:03 AM

Current Silver Price $18.25
Gold Spot Price $1,302.00

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ever hear the phrase "Jumping the gun" ?

when Silver hits $55.00 an OZ. I'll be
Cautiously optimistic
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh... was merely pointing out that it is up higher than it has been to users.

Love to see a mega spike to 75 and 2500 :)

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like those who are wishing for sub $14 silver to start buying may have to wait a bit longer. Tomorrow's ECB statement will either smash PM's back a bit or propel them like a rocket. I have no clue which is going to happen but I will predict that any announcement of QE by Draghi will cause our US stocks to rally a bit. At least that is what I hope for since I want to re-enter TVIX again well below $3 per share, but maybe that is like wanting $14 silver.

Just my opinion.

Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any reason for things to go that far in the dumper for at least another 2 or 3 years.
I don't want to get too political, so we'll see how 2016 goes

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like those who are wishing for sub $14 silver to start buying may have to wait a bit longer. Tomorrow's ECB statement will either smash PM's back a bit or propel them like a rocket. I have no clue which is going to happen but I will predict that any announcement of QE by Draghi will cause our US stocks to rally a bit. At least that is what I hope for since I want to re-enter TVIX again well below $3 per share, but maybe that is like wanting $14 silver.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Well I'm sorry Jim it's heading down I just bought 200 oz's so I'm afraid my friend it's heading down. LMAO All kidding aside I see it heading up as the Swiss unpegging is going to create a lot of shock waves in the coming days. Keep Stacking for survival, I am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread