Silver prices, plummeting to $13.00 per ounce this Year ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scare tactics ?

Or Wishful Thinking ?

[h=2]Silver Price To Drop For Record 4th Year, Gold Steady, Say Top Forecasters[/h]

Silver price losses will extend to double digits for a fourth year in 2015 โ€“ the longest such run in at least four decades โ€“ but gold will "consolidate" according to the average forecast from professional analysts in trade body London Bullion Market Association's annual competition.
Every January, leading analysts from bullion banks, brokers, trading houses, consultancies and refiners are invited to share and explain their dollar-price forecasts for the coming year's high, low and annual daily average in gold, silver, platinum and palladium.
Silver Price To Drop For Record 4th Year, Gold Steady, Say Top Forecasters

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can happen, but I'm waiting for $12.
Meanwhile, sitting here free of silver.
Don.....

Yea Me too. i'm out of silver.

with the Exception of My Keeper "Type Coins"

I still want $4.oo an oz. so I can start buying by the Pound.
Till prices hopefully shoot up to a few hundred an oz.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jeff,
The "youngins" may not recall that it was in Oct. of 2001 that silver was less than $6 per oz. (at one point $5.65).
Personally, I see the only real 'support' price in the last 25 years is below $10 ($7-$8 range).
If it gets to $12, I'll get on the roller coaster at that time and ride it in either direction;buying more if it gets lower and smiling if higher.
Don.....

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot speak for silver... but gold should increase.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want silver to spike to 28+ then I will cash in last years scrap finds.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be just be waiting awhile though.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I remember many years ago buying it for around 5.00 dollars an oz., I bought so much back then. Then many years later selling it for 45+ dollars an oz. I believe it went to around 52.00 dollars before crashing.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Silver is a bit hard to predict since it has 2 supply and demand components both for jewelry and industrial to a much larger extent that gold.

The trick is as with most investments you have to buy into weakness and sell into strength...it does take some guts though because it's pretty hard to catch both the bottom and the top.

That said not wise to go all in at once...better to average either down or up when the time is right.

Regards + HH

Bill

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold and silver move together both historically and typically. They follow each others price movements.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I remember many years ago buying it for around 5.00 dollars an oz., I bought so much back then. Then many years later selling it for 45+ dollars an oz. I believe it went to around 52.00 dollars before crashing.
This will tell you how old I am. I remember buying silver under $3 way back when. LOL

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember Silver American Eagles at $6.00

& junk silver Boxes of Morgans & Liberty Dollars for $5 each

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dman,

Yeah the years are racking up...lol...I had bought some mint Morgan's when silver was maybe $5.00 range I got the common date ones 3 for $19.95 if memory serves me correctly.

Regards + HH

Bill

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are making me crazy talking about buying silver like you did. I have only recently started buying and you know what it's been costing me, lol. I would love to see $12 or $13 per oz. you can bet all my extra money will be spent on it.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old Dude,

I guess it's all relative....we bought our house about 30 years ago in 1985 in a quiet neighborhood 3 bedroom brick cottage for about $70,000.
and were shaking when we signed the mortgage....the same house today is going for about $400,000......so you never know.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My house went for $600.00 in about 1955

Now I think it's around $30,000

Actually almost every house in town was Priced at $600.00 each

Last edited:

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,
The "youngins" may not recall that it was in Oct. of 2001 that silver was less than $6 per oz. (at one point $5.65).
Personally, I see the only real 'support' price in the last 25 years is below $10 ($7-$8 range).
If it gets to $12, I'll get on the roller coaster at that time and ride it in either direction;buying more if it gets lower and smiling if higher.
Don.....

That was about the time I first started stacking. I remember buying worn morgans for $5, and a 10 ounce engelhard loaf bar for $55.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread