Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked myself up a few rolls of Buffalo rounds on Friday with the spot around $16.50 can't beat that. Well I guess you can if the spot goes lower. Lol Keep Stacking

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Grabbed a roll of BU Kennedy '64's for roughly $1.75 over melt per ounce of pure silver. Can't complain about that. Could have had some NTR 10 oz and Silvertowne 10 oz for $1 over melt but decided to get the halves instead.

Jim

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your buffalos, Charlie. I like silvertowne's stuff, but I would think they would check they're stuff before sending it out. Or maybe they have a less than honest employee?
On a better note, I have a new LCS to buy from. I picked up some 90% Kennedy's for 15.25 face yesterday. Still kinda high, but a lot cheaper than the other store where it's 17.00.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your buffalos, Charlie. I like silvertowne's stuff, but I would think they would check they're stuff before sending it out. Or maybe they have a less than honest employee?
On a better note, I have a new LCS to buy from. I picked up some 90% Kennedy's for 15.25 face yesterday. Still kinda high, but a lot cheaper than the other store where it's 17.00.

We are actually finding out what happened, It seems there was a couple of 1000 oz bars put into the batch that where not exactlty what they seemed, just a little more metal than silver as usual. They are taking care of it so I'm impressed and I'm glad I'm the one that found it. Lol

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Picked up a 10 oz silvertowne bar (with the prospector and mule). Hope it is real. LOL! Looks like still in original plastic and clanks like my other 10 silver bars. Got it for under $170 so I could not refuse. They jacked up the 90% premiums so that it would have cost me over $2.50 per ounce of pure silver for premiums on junk silver.

Thought it was a good gamble to go with the generic although I would not want too much of that in my stash anymore.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a 10 oz silvertowne bar (with the prospector and mule). Hope it is real. LOL! Looks like still in original plastic and clanks like my other 10 silver bars. Got it for under $170 so I could not refuse. They jacked up the 90% premiums so that it would have cost me over $2.50 per ounce of pure silver for premiums on junk silver.

Thought it was a good gamble to go with the generic although I would not want too much of that in my stash anymore.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Good score Jim and those are my favorite bars to stack. Keep Stacking.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim I just bought two rolls Silver Eagles (2014 and 2015) today for (Ta Rah) $725 shipped that's $1.56 over spot. :p

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were your Buffalos slightly attracted by a magnet? How did you find out 'the rest of the story'?

Thanks,
Bill

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill I found out by using the Verifier which I have, great tool. You can see it in the video above. They are actually Silver but not the full content for bullion. More like 90% Lol, Charlie

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Good score Jim and those are my favorite bars to stack. Keep Stacking.

Hi All, contemplating beginning to purchase bars. Where to turn? Where to avoid? Don't have enough $$ to risk buying anything fake.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Picked up two rolls of Kennedy 64 BU for 14X face. Really nice looking coins. At that price I am paying slightly less premiums per ounce of pure silver than what I would pay for ASE's at my local store. I think long term these will better than ASE's.

Jim

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
You did well Jim. Over the yrs I've acquired silver coinage from eBay. I've purchased many foreign silver proof sets because generally people follow U S sets and coins. How is it that most of the time you can buy a 1964 Canadian proof set (1.1 oz silver) cheaper than a U S proof set (.61 oz silver)? I want silver from 50% silver to 100%. My favorite sets are the mid 1970s Belize sets...all of the coins are sterling, even the cent. In the past I've purchased some sets at high as $58 each when silver was higher. Each set contains 3.1 oz of silver. Yeah, I know I'm slightly in the hole, but I have silver. Keep stacking

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You did well Jim. Over the yrs I've acquired silver coinage from eBay. I've purchased many foreign silver proof sets because generally people follow U S sets and coins. How is it that most of the time you can buy a 1964 Canadian proof set (1.1 oz silver) cheaper than a U S proof set (.61 oz silver)? I want silver from 50% silver to 100%. My favorite sets are the mid 1970s Belize sets...all of the coins are sterling, even the cent. In the past I've purchased some sets at high as $58 each when silver was higher. Each set contains 3.1 oz of silver. Yeah, I know I'm slightly in the hole, but I have silver. Keep stacking

Goose-o,

I have been buying (when available) foreign silver proof coins and sets for the past year or so. Locally, the stores hate them because nobody local wants to buy them (but me it seems) and the stores are too lazy or not desperate enough to put that stuff on ebay where they could make a much better return. The artwork on some of this stuff is amazing.

I have some cool stuff from UK, Canadian, Australian, French, Singapore, Russian, etc, mints that are in the boxes with paperwork, etc, that I was able to get for melt to $2 over melt per ounce of pure silver (depending on the item). Unfortunately much of this stuff is sterling (local dealers pay way less for sterling anything when you go to sell) but I think in time I will do well once silver goes back up. Although I have some I generally avoid some of the stuff from smaller "nations" like Isle of Man and such because resale on those items seems to be less than stuff made by the other countries.

I have a bit of Canadian modern silver dollars (50% silver) I grabbed when I bought a whole collection one time, but now don't buy any silver less than 90% pure just because trying to sell 50% stuff for a nice profit is hard even on ebay from what I have seen. The coins are beautiful though.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was holding off and I'm glad I did. I bought (5) 10oz bars for $825 so I'm happy. Keep Stacking

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a roll (tube) of 2015 ASE's at a $2.45/coin premium. Had my heart set on a roll of Maple Leafs, but they were going at a higher premium, so I settled for the good old USA.

Still dollar cost averaging as prices drop.

TCK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread