Gold/silver short term outlook

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I guess I am conditioned to just expect PM's (silver predominately) to get whacked every time they start to look like maybe they are turning up in price. However, I think things are possibly starting to change. One reason I say this is that some of the "wrong 99% of the time" PM pundit prognosticators are saying PM's are to get whacked soon. I won't comment on how some of these goof balls were saying PM's to the moon not too long ago. I am so disgusted with some of the PM sites I used to enjoy due to the fact they run stories that make speculative supermarket magazine rags look like reliable sources of info.

But leaving the inverse-indicator pundits aside, things do feel a little different this time. Even as the dollar has been making huge gains over the past 6 months or so PM's have not been driven down much and have in part re-gained some of their value as the dollar has been rising. I have actually been hoping a bit that we do get down to 14, or 12 or whatever price because my end goal of silver ounces is still far off and I have no desire to load up at current prices, even though they are not bad per se for someone who is just now getting the bug so to speak.

Some are saying that the eventual stock market correction that is long past due (based on past stock bull markets) will serve to knock PM's down again like it did in the mid 2000s when hedge funds/big boys were liquidating their paper PM positions to offset their losses in the stock market, etc. But this time I think is different because for the past 3 years PM's have been hated by mainstream folks while back in the mid 2000s there was much greater interest in PM's because they were in a bull market no one could deny- whereas now they are not (at least according to bears). So I would opine that if we do see a nice stock market correction (that I am hoping for even more than seeing silver at 100), what PM positions will the big boys and hedge funds have left to sell? I would say not that many compared to mid 2000s. I don't think a stock market correction will cause PM bug types like me to sell physical PM positions.

In any event I feel sorry for new PM bugs that are looking for guidance on the PM pundit type sites. In the end when/if silver does hit 100 or beyond the online PM pundits will claim they were correct, but will forget about all the wrong calls they made along the way.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim I see PM's going down next week short term but not to the $12 or $14 mark. I believe it's bottomed already around the $15.50 mark and the resistance is around $16.40 mark according to the charts but that's only my opinion. Anyway I keep stacking no matter what and as for the stock market, it's a big bubble getting ready to burst.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Jim I see PM's going down next week short term but not to the $12 or $14 mark. I believe it's bottomed already around the $15.50 mark and the resistance is around $16.40 mark according to the charts but that's only my opinion. Anyway I keep stacking no matter what and as for the stock market, it's a big bubble getting ready to burst.

I would probably start buying more at 15.50 if we do go there. I hope you are right on the stock market. I have some ETN plays ready to go when the right signals show themselves. I initiated one on Friday but will probably wind up being early again as always.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some miners that I have been following and if the Fiat is available I will be jumping in. Charlie

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kinda pissed off at myself for not jumping on the bandwagon when silver was in the $15+ range. Also, I was watching the exact second when silver took a dive to the $14 level when the Swiss referendum didn't pass. I should of taken the opportunity at that moment when I had the chance, but I (blew it) didn't. I would have been considerably ahead by now. Although, its trading now at $17.34, I think silver will fluctuate in the $16.50 to $17.50 range for awhile. BUT I think it will nose dive especially when the Fed kicks in with raising interest rates. Did you guys notice the downside movement even at the slightest speculation of the Feds wording of raising interest rates? ...........................Rich

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raising interest rates will crash the economy in my opinion but hey they have to do it sometime and when they do The Derivative Markets will go crazy. Got Silver. Lol Keep Stacking

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm kinda pissed off at myself for not jumping on the bandwagon when silver was in the $15+ range. Also, I was watching the exact second when silver took a dive to the $14 level when the Swiss referendum didn't pass. I should of taken the opportunity at that moment when I had the chance, but I (blew it) didn't. I would have been considerably ahead by now. Although, its trading now at $17.34, I think silver will fluctuate in the $16.50 to $17.50 range for awhile. BUT I think it will nose dive especially when the Fed kicks in with raising interest rates. Did you guys notice the downside movement even at the slightest speculation of the Feds wording of raising interest rates? ...........................Rich
I was ready to buy at that price also, but my LCS was bone dry, and even my fav online store was short -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread