billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today is Friday 8th, my gold was received the 1st. Am I jumping the gun here wondering where my payment is? Their website says "same day turn around if received before 2pm cst." another section states 2-4 days. I guess wait til Monday. Sigh...

I don't remember if you said if you told each company you were dividing the two pouring and sending half to a competitor?

I feel your pain in waiting and wondering.... ;>)

Bill

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
GOT PAID TODAY!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!:occasion14:. 5/1/ to 5/11 wait time.

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Don't know yet,waiting for the other bar to get to MW. Stupid mail tracking says there was a delay so it will be an extra days time I guess.

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Well I'm still waiting for this swiss watch of a government entityAKA the US MAil to get my gold to MW!!! Been sitting SOMEWHERE since the 9th!!!! Just a small delay????? MY A$$!!!! NEVER again that's for sure. I did go into the post office to ask whats up.... she said well it's registered mail so it can take up to 2WEEKS waiting for someone to sign for it!! Sooo I wait. :BangHead:

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering that gold has jumped up in the past couple of days, this delay is turning out to be to your benefit.

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Yes I see it's up...BUT... with these idiots I'm sure they will wait til it drops to 1k an oz. I'm checking my tracking number several times a day. It said this morning it left the Frisco office...said that on the 9th too.

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Well my gold was FINALLY delivered today. Will keep you posted as to what it sells for.

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Got paid today.

MW- recieved weight 3.608 toz.
melt weight 3.54 toz.
assay 89.01%
Troy oz.contained 3.151
95% payable
Troy oz. payable 2.993
$1200.00 spot price
Settled amount $3592.09

So what do you guys think now with all the facts and figures?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got paid today.

melt weight 3.54 toz.
assay 89.01%
Troy oz.contained 3.151
95% payable
Troy oz. payable 2.993
$1200.00 spot price
Settled amount $3592.09

ARA replied this morning:

GROSS WT: 63.00 DWT
MELT WT. 62.90 DWT
YEILD WT. 53.21 DWT
PURITY 84.60%
MARKET PRICE $1193.90 OZT.
ADV. PRICE 98%
$58.50 DWT
PAID $3113.04

What do you guys think?

Think you got $4785.99 for your gold. Both companies paid good from looks of it..

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
TH check the batteries in your calculator!! lol

Last edited:

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got paid today.

melt weight 3.54 toz.
assay 89.01%
Troy oz.contained 3.151
95% payable
Troy oz. payable 2.993
$1200.00 spot price
Settled amount $3592.09

With all the gross weights, final weights, and amounts paid, there would be two loopholes that could be the difference between the two.

1. The amount used for the price of gold: There should be a way to check to see if ARA's payout base really went that low...

2. The %Percentage% of purity of each batch. My experience is that ARA seems to have always had a lower percentage....

About the only way to check the second "Loophole" would be to send all the same stamped Karat, then take each piece and cut it into two halves. That way, each refiner would at least have the same alloys to do their refining process...

Be that as it may, with that kind of check money both sent you, I'd bet the farm you are way better-off than what you paid for it. (and that's what the refiner would hope you would see). Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bill

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Yep those are the holes in the doughnut. It is all from the very same black sand same gold. BUT I'm sure my "melting" could have left a bit more impurities than another. I am starting some aqua regia to see if the price difference is worth the effort. All the pricing says so. We shall see.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep those are the holes in the doughnut. It is all from the very same black sand same gold. BUT I'm sure my "melting" could have left a bit more impurities than another. I am starting some aqua regia to see if the price difference is worth the effort. All the pricing says so. We shall see.

Something I didn't realize until I got to wondering about the price of gold at the time that the first refiner based the payment on. This website also has a window on the left which you can click on and get a Spot Market flowing chart for the last few hours, days, weeks, months, and years... Should help you find out what the market price was....

Ultrafast Live Scrap Gold Calculator [USD] from Dendritics

Bill

OP
OP
nvradar

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
I do check the price when the settle date is given to me and that is right on for what they paid me. The purity is where they get you I think. Like I said the gold is from the same source and both had a considerable difference in my opinion. BUT all in all I'm happy with both. Everybody has to make some money somehow.

I didn't see the market window so thanks for that bill. I will use it.

Old_Festus

Apr 28, 2013
south eastern PA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can I just verify that these are the two companies that are being discussed? Too many companies have a similar name and/or website, so I just want to be sure, before moving forward to use either of them.

Our Refining Schedule - Dallas Gold Refining Schedule-Silver Refinery Dallas, Platinum Refining Dallas

Information on how to package shipments of precious metals like gold, silver and platinum to Midwest Refineries, LLC

From the website, it looks like ARA doesn't accept packages via USPS...just Fedex and UPS. That's kind of a bummer depending on where your at.

Last edited:

Scrammer

Apr 5, 2013
Between Buffalo and Rochester, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro;
AT Pro Pointer;
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just one quick question on an old thread...ARA says they do not deal with the public only companies. I assume since many people on here use them, you just fill out the paperwork as a person with a copy of drivers license and SS card? I like they send the stones back with the payment so I don't have to deal with removing them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread