Another online silver pundit tries to make a point

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I feel kind of bad criticizing these guys because they are silver bugs, but their arguments are so weak I have a hard time believing that they actually believe their own words.

The below article I guess is trying to show silver's superiority over gold, but his own words and facts contradict the point he is trying to make. He points out that at one time, 5 times as many silver ounces were purchased vs. gold. How is this silver positive? It is not at all. I don't remember what the silver/gold ratio was back then, but right now it is 70 to 1. If we were to say hypothetically that 5x as many silver ounces were purchased this year vs. gold, that is gold bullish. If gold and silver were even just equal in popularity, we should see 70X as many silver ounces purchased vs. gold ounces. That would just be to make them equal in terms of dollars spent.

Am I missing something here or is my Just say No to silver 12 step program finally taking hold?

The Silver Bear Cafe

Just my opinion.

Jim

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Been seeing the past couple of days that the usual bullish online pundits are now predicting a crash in silver (and gold) based on the COT numbers. Considering most if not all of these pundits have been wrong in their calls (as far as I have read) over the past couple years, it leads me to believe silver is going up soon, even though it does look very weak now.

Just my opinion.

Jim

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I continue to lurk--and await a dip to 12; meanwhile, sitting on 5% cash yielding steady stocks.
Why 12?? That's when my crystal ball says to jump back in.
Don.......

5% cash yielding steady stocks...

You're perfectly safe then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread