billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having coinage in the form of half dollars seems to offer both cash outside the bank and a random chance of finding 90% and 40% silver coins.

When one fellow wanted $100.00 in half dollars, his bank said they had to order in $1,000.00 amounts. If they order that amount at one time, and he decided to take all one thousand dollars in halves, to be sure that bank personnel had rifled through the rolls first, what does that amount of coins look like and how is it "sealed" coming from the bank's coin supplier?

Thanks,
Bill

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer to your question and basically all the information about this subject one could ever desire is in the coin roll hunting forum!
Coin Roll Hunting

I guess I'm too focused these days.... ;>) Great answer and help. Thanks!

Bill

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, that forum will get you up to speed. There are a LOT of coin roll hunters, so most of what you will get has probably been searched. You will also need a place to cash the clad back in, commonly referred as a dump bank.

Good luck!

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When one fellow wanted $100.00 in half dollars, his bank said they had to order in $1,000.00 amounts. If they order that amount at one time, and he decided to take all one thousand dollars in halves, to be sure that bank personnel had rifled through the rolls first, what does that amount of coins look like and how is it "sealed" coming from the bank's coin supplier?
Yes, the CRH forum is a good place for ideas. I did my hunting for a few years, buying $500 to $1500 in halves per week. Most of the time $1000 a week. That is two $500 boxes. I rarely or never got boxes that any bank employee went through. I know I found well over 1250 silver halves all at face value. but competition got tough and when it got down to just a couple per week or even none I quit. About 1000 coins were 40%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread