Might have pulled the trigger on a Freedom girl too soon...

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. For a while now I have wanted at least one of the Freedom Girl rounds and was looking for online dealers. The 2015 issue was $615 (1 oz) on Apmex!? They are gorgeous rounds but come on! So I checked Amazon and found Provident was selling them (with 11 remaining) for $24.95 (1 oz). So I ordered one. Well, going back and looking at it again, the grade is listed as Very Good. So now I'm wondering what kind of condition this thing will be in when I get it! I researched the round and it seems at least a couple of years ago the quality of these was pretty rough. I won't know the condition until it arrives in about a week. I can live with a little rough since that seems to be the standard, but should I be expecting a total mess? Either way, learned my lesson about impulse buying online.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't be too worried since you are getting it from Provident. They grade pretty fairly and often times very conservatively. At the very least it will be a true Very Good round. But it could be better. So I wouldn't expect it to be a total mess. However, they graded it Very Good for a reason so it will have some faults. For what you paid I'd say that you did just fine. You have a representative sample of a round that you wanted and that you paid very little money for. Enjoy it and don't worry about it. It may turn out to be one of your favorite purchases.

Last edited:

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah... and post a picture of it and give us your thoughts when it arrives. I'm sure that there are a lot of us out here who are interested in the round and what a "very good" specimen looks like.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. For a while now I have wanted at least one of the Freedom Girl rounds and was looking for online dealers. The 2015 issue was $615 (1 oz) on Apmex!? They are gorgeous rounds but come on! So I checked Amazon and found Provident was selling them (with 11 remaining) for $24.95 (1 oz). So I ordered one. Well, going back and looking at it again, the grade is listed as Very Good. So now I'm wondering what kind of condition this thing will be in when I get it! I researched the round and it seems at least a couple of years ago the quality of these was pretty rough. I won't know the condition until it arrives in about a week. I can live with a little rough since that seems to be the standard, but should I be expecting a total mess? Either way, learned my lesson about impulse buying online.

Spaceman, Apmex buy back price is $15.04 so me thinks there is an error in the sale price. Lol I have a bunch of them and the quality of the originals are very good but later there were others made that were of poor quality.

OP
OP
S

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys. I'll make sure to get some good photos and document it on here. Will keep you posted.

OP
OP
S

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well she arrived today, and she's a real beauty! This is the round graded as Very Good- 003.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg

The gold look is a trick of the light. But I am very happy with the condition- the reeding has some minor imperfections but all in all it looks great!

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure where Provident came up with the "very good" assessment, maybe just a "catch all" classification they maybe sometimes use. Your coin looks BU to me. Congrats.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Great looking round. Congrats. Thanks for posting pics.

OP
OP
S

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheCoinKid- I agree, I think it's a generic term they use to cover all bases. Appreciate the input.

bradley1719- Yeah, it's a gorgeous disc of silver. After months of admiring them in photos, it was great to hold one in my hand. Now I want to find one of the older issues with the Silver Bullet Silver Shield "Listen to all, follow none" slogan on the reverse. Thanks for your input. It is indeed my favorite purchase so far and I'm really pleased with Provident. Shipping was free as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread