Will WWIII be bullish for PMs?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Will WWIII be bullish for PM's?

I am being serious in my question. Historically, any time there was uncertainty due to "war-like" situations and such, gold would at least temporarily rise in price. In today's world, nothing going on in the world related to war and such makes PM's move in any way (except down, if having any influence at all).

Today's shooting down of a Russian fighter, allegedly done by Turkish jets, doesn't even register on the PM prices. I suppose there is so MUCH going on in the world via fighting and occupations (war-like), that the markets are immune to it (from a PM perspective).

I anticipate Russia will respond in some manner to this event. Perhaps not with direct military confrontation, but they will do something. One thing Putin is not is a wimp- plus he has crazy high support from Russian citizenry it appears. We'll have to wait and see what happens next.

One of my friends who is a history buff (not a PM bug though) feels there are many correlations between current events and the time period preceding WWI (and to a lesser extent WWII). I don't know if that is accurate or not but I am definitely concerned.

Just my opinion.

Jim

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After Russia took out a cluster of resistance fighting soldiers that Turkey was backing in Syria, I'd like to know if the Russian plane shot down was a new model or just somewhat of an old "bait" clunker.... Could be a ploy at work here...

You're right about so much going on in the whole world.... In the past of importing oil, a member of OPEC could just catch a cold and gas prices went up! Americans are getting like the clan of gophers at the end of an high-traffic international airport, they live there day in and day out. The problem is that the whole gopher population is deaf....

Living from paycheck to paycheck, Americans are only looking at what's around them, and maybe a year ahead, maybe....but being deaf is better than being "Dead"...

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread