Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure you can sell them if they are Platinum and you can sell them if their not. Lol all joking aside if they are truly Platinum there is no law saying you can't sell them. I would get them checked out to see if they are Platinum, right now the price is $881 an oz. Keep Stacking

OP
OP
simonds

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Thanks for responding March, Guess I wouldn't know who to contact. We don't have any. It just came up what if one was to have some, and same also to apply with gold and silver with no markings on them

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Any metal bars that are unmarked should be immediately suspect. Without an assay they are just pretty metal bars. A good professional would first perform an XRF analysis of the surface on all sides. If the XRF analysis shows PMs, a proper assay is then in order. The results of an assay will help you determine your next step.

OP
OP
simonds

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Thanks Galen, I've been doing some research and reading on the subject. One would have to have it assayed by a professional company and get a certificate to show it's purity. Then there are many buyers out there who would buy it. Now I just have to find some. It has appealed to me as a good long term investment rather than gold or silver.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread