Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always admired Mr. Salinas and his comments, things are changing and The Powers That Be are scrambiling to keep things together but it's all falling apart and it's coming soon. Also I predict Silver and Gold will start climbing starting tonight. Keep Stacking

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing is Bill - Nobody knows. I've heard the predictions of the wealthiest people in the world over the past years, and they're always wrong. They have an agenda most times. Last year & 2014, they all said buy gold and silver it's going way up.......everything points to this. Guess what, it went way down.

It's all a gamble, just like the stock market........Good Luck.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Looking good today.......Gold up $55+/oz to $1250/oz and silver is up 50+ cents/oz to $15.80/oz. Keep on stacking!!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm feeling it too, just makes darned good sense of direction. Obama put up a 4.1 trillion dollar budget proposal = good gracious! Money ain't gettin' worth much lately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good today.......Gold up $55+/oz to $1250/oz and silver is up 50+ cents/oz to $15.80/oz. Keep on stacking!!!!

"Keep On Stacking".... Such good words that looked a whole lot better several weeks ago... through my 20/20 hindsight! 'Should of bought more.... Now, I'm wondering where the prices are going and what the inventory will be?

I had accrued about $45 in Ebay Bucks from buying materials and equipment for my solar panel project. When my most recent roll purchase was first listed, it was listed for $303.00, so the using the Ebay Bucks, the roll cost me $258.... After seeing the silver spot jump to just over 15.50, I wished I had purchased more rolls...

Using another "short cut" to buy P.M.'s with, other than gold and silver from garage sale finds, I have another chance to keep the price low..... Playing with PayPal's double points for Ebay purchases and triple points for gasoline and restaurant purchases, I earned a $50 PayPal gift card for Ebay. .... It just arrived, but with the jump in prices, sadly I haven't used it....

My third way to cut down the cost of silver is by collecting copper and brass at garage sales and scraping it. The current issue to that is the lower scrap prices of #1 and #2 Copper and both yellow and red brass. I sure have to watch what I pay, but I still can double my investment dollars, it just takes a lot more scrap and time now that those prices are down. Plus, it takes about 36 "Free" aluminum cans to make a pound, and yet aluminum prices are way down, too. But, trading the profit and the investment dollars for bullion rounds makes silver cost half as much, or if I just use the profit dollars it means I only end up with half as much, but it's ALL "Free"....:goldcoin:

Harry Dent is still predicting both gold and silver to hit a short term rise, but will fall again before both hit new highs. After watching this video, I'm wondering by then how much silver inventory will be left to buy, and at what premium it will come with between when it hits an all time low and its travel upward to new highs....??

Any special buying ways you all have found for acquiring P.M.'s ?

Last edited:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
"Keep On Stacking".... Such good words that looked a whole lot better several weeks ago... through my 20/20 hindsight! 'Should of bought more.... Now, I'm wondering where the prices are going and what the inventory will be?

I had accrued about $45 in Ebay Bucks from buying materials and equipment for my solar panel project. When my most recent roll purchase was first listed, it was listed for $303.00, so the using the Ebay Bucks, the roll cost me $258.... After seeing the silver spot jump to just over 15.50, I wished I had purchased more rolls...

Using another "short cut" to buy P.M.'s with, other than gold and silver from garage sale finds, I have another chance to keep the price low..... Playing with PayPal's double points for Ebay purchases and triple points for gasoline and restaurant purchases, I earned a $50 PayPal gift card for Ebay. .... It just arrived, but with the jump in prices, sadly I haven't used it....

My third way to cut down the cost of silver is by collecting copper and brass at garage sales and scraping it. The current issue to that is the lower scrap prices of #1 and #2 Copper and both yellow and red brass. I sure have to watch what I pay, but I still can double my investment dollars, it just takes a lot more scrap and time now that those prices are down. Plus, it takes about 36 "Free" aluminum cans to make a pound, and yet aluminum prices are way down, too. But, trading the profit and the investment dollars for bullion rounds makes silver cost half as much, or if I just use the profit dollars it means I only end up with half as much, but it's ALL "Free"....:goldcoin:

Harry Dent is still predicting both gold and silver to hit a short term rise, but will fall again before both hit new highs. After watching this video, I'm wondering by then how much silver inventory will be left to buy, and at what premium it will come with between when it hits an all time low and its travel upward to new highs....??

Any special buying ways you all have found for acquiring P.M.'s ?

Bill,

I am buying some Engelhard 1 oz bars still in original mint sheets today for $2 over spot. There are Engelhard collectors that would pay much more for these but I am getting them for less each than some average maple (that will probably develop milk spots) or eagle. If prices drop to $12 I will just keep buying. I have been selling some of my cool stuff and making better returns than I would have had in the general stock market over the last 2 years, even those with a 5% dividend.

I wouldn't rely on any pundits. Harry Dent has made bad calls that are quite public if you want to google to see them, especially about the DOW. Don't know why anyone thinks he is worth reading or listening to, but that is just my opinion. You have to decide yourself. Everyone seemed to think silver was going to $12 (I guess it still could but doubt it) and that it was dumb to buy silver over the past year or two. However I have some awesome items in my stash that I bought over the past year or two for between $16 and $18 (including premiums) that go for double or more on ebay (sniping cool stuff at local stores when it's available). If I were to buy some new crap generic bars today I would pay almost as much as I paid last year for my cool stuff.

Those waiting to "stack" at some magic number like $12 will probably never see that price and wind up buying at $20 after they see that they missed the boat at much lower prices.

You can tell by stories floating around what is coming: bank problems (DB for example), negative interest rates (yellen mentioned and I saw article a couple weeks ago about some large US banks being stress tested for neg int rates). It's coming brother hope you are ready. The bearish folks who feel superior trashing silver (mainstream pundits) will not bail you out later. You just have to be smart on what you buy. Silver is not silver as some say. If I had bought generic blobs instead of taking time to hunt for cheap cool stuff, I would be in the red on my stash instead of in the black as I now am even at these levels thanks to the past 2 years of my intense shopping around locally and at shows recently.

PS I think stocks will eventually reach high numbers like Dent predicted would happen years ago (I can't remember but I think it was like 30.000 Dow or something like that?). But that will be after they come out with some new QE form or something like that. Negative interest rates too would probably help stocks since money would leave bank accounts and such. But I don't think the fed and such will do anything that drastic unless or until the markets fall more and you start hearing cries for help- then Fed to the rescue. I think we will see another 2008-like episode either this year or next. Some big issues supposedly with DB, that could affect many other financial institutions who are tied in with them in some manner or another.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-02/rates-less-than-zero-is-bank-stress-fed-wants-to-test-in-2016

http://www.valuewalk.com/2016/02/deutsche-bros/

Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Jim. I like the way you've selected certain sectors of silver and found a buying niche of people that collect it and want it. Solid profits help pay for stacks you've gotten put back!

I have a question for your insight and planning. You said, " It's coming brother hope you are ready."

What I need to hear and see is what an average Joe, with a little common sense to put back some PM's, is going to NEED as we face lifestyle changes after the bottom falls out. Texas did pass a bill so that silver and gold can be used like cash, so having bulk bullion stored in "Post Hole Banks" that are close and far off from one's home property will give some peace of mind. Our local taxing entity ripped everybody, but the "good old boys" in the county, when they raised property assessments and taxes in 2015. Remembering that the tax man will get his due, I believe most people haven't even thought of have a year or two of cash just for Federal and local Taxes....

But what do you see being collected that an average person needs to have at home? What's your opinion of how long the rough times will last as prices zip upward and shortages have to be lived with?

I have new tires on the well maintained autos, bought a 21 cu.ft. Energy Star freezer and have a solar backup system to run it, also buying and treating 5gal sealed cans of gasoline while it's $1.34 for Regular and 20lb-30lb Propane tanks from garage sales while Propane is $1.50 a gallon. I've gathered and always looking for closeouts on motion detection outside lights that are Florescent/LED with a few solar powered. Found and bought partial rolls of new galvanized window screen for cages for both EMP issues at first, then for raising chickens later... ;>) Built raised beds, 2ft deep, for a garden. Hardening all the exterior doors and gates for our 1 acre perimeter fencing by adding extra posts and adding to purchased and stored rolls of barbed wire/razor wire that can be installed when needed rather than making the place look like a scene from "The Walking Dead" right now.... Always looking for new kitchen appliances to replace the 15 year old ones. Have spare plumbing supplies on hand, and larger items like a dented/returned spare water heater for replacement or to be used for solar storage of solar heated hot water... And, as bad as I hate to, going to the Doctor, Dentist and Optometrist to checkup on health, then get teeth and eye needs brought up to current needs...

What are average aware people doing in your area of the U.S.?

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just keep buying no matter what. As long it's silver or gold, it doesn't matter and the cheaper the better. Lol Keep Stacking

What the heck here is the next Recliner Report. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread