What's it going to look like on the other side....

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend, at a non advertised garage sale, I found a pile of costume jewelry for $25.00. In it was a 14kt yellow gold, solid link twisted rope necklace. It weighs 20.7 grams and is 20" long. Worth just over $500 in today's gold prices. Also, after buying some solar electric parts for my solar panel project, and using Ebay's "8% bonus bucks coupon, I finished earning $102 of Ebay Bucks that I applied to a roll of 20 American Eagles from Apmex; making my out of pocket cost about $17 each. All this got me to thinking about why am I jumping through all these kinds of unique hoops to earn cheap costing PMs??

All of us are trying to plan for the future using PM's as "THE WAY" or as a support structure against whatever faces us there "on the other side"....

If the "Big guys" who physically own tons of PMs in China, Russia, or others, they can set the market price in an unstable world. Our amounts of PMs are not even a drop in the bucket, but carry our savings, our plans, and our hopes.

What can you see gold and silver doing to help our lives "on the other side" of a market crash/revaluation of hard assets? How does one sell their coin/bar bullion as the dust settles? What do you see doing with what you've spent years stacking to get its value out and converted into paying for daily expenses?

I'm getting the feeling that unless you can grow it, make it, or barter it, the average American isn't going to have much, much-less be able to sustain much more than a lower income lifestyle/existence. How much will be left of our Social Security/Retirement Pensions/Bank Savings to live on? How important is gold and silver in a world like that? What are you expecting after the hatchet falls?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Bill

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a mega deal!! I don't dwell on the $ aspect (of TEOTWAWKI). I think other types of barter will be more useful.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This could get political really easy. ...So I'll wait and see what happens in the next few months. :thumbsup:

okhntr

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Southwest Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATgold , Garrett pin pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very wise old man said,"you can't eat gold or silver." I agree with him. With empty stores, who will you buy your food from? The growers may sell some..but with gmo's it's best to be prepared with a bit of pm's, seeds, and other supplies.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Anyone ever think of water.....necessary for life? A good idea would be to invent dehydrated water. That way you could carry a lot of it in small units. :)

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
We've got a 24' above-ground pool for water if shtf. IMO regarding prepping, if you're lucky enough to be of the 'haves', sooner or later the have-nots will take it, regardless of the size of your armory.

Nice score on the gold! Seems as if folks around here price their garage sale junk jewelry at real gold prices.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A 24' pool? Do kids swim in it? Who would want to drink purple water.......if you know what I mean.
Lol, well, we know that chlorine deactivates pathogens and kills germs such as E coli in drinking and pool water. Chlorine has been used for around 200 years, so, normally, that pool water is safe to drink. As far as a water supply goes, the average person uses about 4 gallons of water per day. Without considering evaporation, a pool 24x52" holds 12,000 gallons of water, or 8 years worth. After a while, chlorine has to be added. You could boil the water before drinking, but it's not necessary.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A very wise old man said,"you can't eat gold or silver." I agree with him. With empty stores, who will you buy your food from? The growers may sell some..but with gmo's it's best to be prepared with a bit of pm's, seeds, and other supplies.
Just make sure the seeds are heritage and non-gmo. Most of what I eat comes out of my garden, fresh, frozen or canned. I try to stay away from processed and fast foods, I have fruit and nut trees, fresh farm eggs, chicken, venison, rabbit, a pond with fish, and other wild game. Wish I could get the rest of my family to eat healthier. Everyone should be at least a little self-sufficient, and with square-foot and container gardening, lots of space is not always needed to grow veggies.

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowing what is going into the crash might help understand what it's going to look like after the housing market bubble pops and you land "on the other side" of a crashed market reset.

See what you think about this short video:

Bill

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread