Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
If Gas and silver prices were tied together would you rather silver be at $20 an ounce and gas at $2 or silver at $35 an ounce and gas at $3.50 a gallon. Just for the sake of argument you can't have silver at $35 and gas at $2.

I'd take the $35/$3.50.

Jim

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I'd take the $20/$2 due to driving is my favorite hobby. I drive around 24,000 miles a year and burn about 1350 gallons of gas. That is a cost of $2700/yr on gas. IF those prices remained constant, it would take me 1.1 years to break even, and then I'd be ahead of the game.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Gas and silver prices were tied together would you rather silver be at $20 an ounce and gas at $2 or silver at $35 an ounce and gas at $3.50 a gallon. Just for the sake of argument you can't have silver at $35 and gas at $2.

Dman,

If I drove a lot and gas was one of my largest expenditures, I'd go with the $20/$2....

But, look at the bigger picture. A local small "Incorporated city" just slapped there water customers with a $5.60 A MONTH increase to begin in October to help pay for flood & storm drains .... It seems that I'd have to look at the prices and price increases of other things like Food, Medicine, Clothing, Utilities... Seeing how property evaluations' taxes are projected to go up 3.4%, Health costs out of pocket, and Insurance rates are more than that,
I'd have to have $35 silver....and hope for going higher:walk:

Bill

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread