How low will silver go?

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
To me it looks like $17 and a few cents is the next important point on the chart. If silver breaks thru that area convincingly I believe silver will go to the low to mid $18 area for another test there.

$SILVER - SharpCharts Workbench - StockCharts.com

PS Look how bad the dollar has been and silver (and gold) still look like crap (overall). What do you all think will happen to PM's if/when the dollar rallies again. Kind of scary but who knows maybe PM's and the dollar rally together?

$USD - SharpCharts Workbench - StockCharts.com

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it looks like $17 and a few cents is the next important point on the chart. If silver breaks thru that area convincingly I believe silver will go to the low to mid $18 area for another test there.

PS Look how bad the dollar has been and silver (and gold) still look like crap (overall). What do you all think will happen to PM's if/when the dollar rallies again. Kind of scary but who knows maybe PM's and the dollar rally together?

See you're still here Jim, anyway this is the year for the rise. Lol Keep Stacking
P.S. Just received $119.50 face of quarters today, yep!! Still Stacking and looking for more.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
See you're still here Jim, anyway this is the year for the rise. Lol Keep Stacking
P.S. Just received $119.50 face of quarters today, yep!! Still Stacking and looking for more.

Glad to see you back Charlie!

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Silver looking very weak. Despite the dollar being so weak silver can't get ahead. If the dollar starts to move up again I think silver will be slammed again.
The charts in the links above are constantly updating so you can see how this has been lately.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Finally broke $17. I can't believe I actually got excited for a brief second when I saw the recent market. Depressing for a guy like me who was around for the Hunt Bros. and the recent run-up back in 2011. Hopefully, this is a start of a trend upward so I can finally get off the silver train.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like the silver train and I've been boosting my reserves with these great prices. Only problem is the storing of it.
Silver takes up room for sure.
On the other hand, I don't mind too much money in the way.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silver's short term chart is bullish right now. So it should go up. My gut tells me otherwise. I should just flip a coin.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I look up spot price on my work phone at least twice a day (sometimes more) even though I know I shouldn't. A few cents back and forth doesn't really matter since I'm in it for the long haul anyway. The "other side of the rainbow" as I call it. Some call it the other side of a recession/depression. I'm only in my mid 40's so I stand to see a few more big recessions and big gold and silver increases.
I've noticed that the spot seems to drop at closing mostly for a lower price for the day. Anyone notice that? Seems cheaper in the pm or at night or is it a coincidence?

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Will silver hit 15 before it hits 18?
Don.........

Don,

It's a toss up now after Friday's close. Close to the trend line again. By close Tues should have a better idea where we are heading.

My 2cents is we drop. However the US is going to participate in war games with SK on Monday (Kim from NK is saying bad things will happen) plus a total solar eclipse here on Monday as well, so I thinking anything is possible.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silver charts are bullish, both daily and weekly. Should be moving up further for now.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we now know who won the race of $15 vs. $18.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread