Mine Stocks

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, I've started researching myself, nervous about pulling the trigger though. Been looking into goldcorp, GG. What do you think of that One? Or the ishares SLVR.

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like GG & SLVR. I picked them up in 2017. debt is a little high on GG. I love getting miner stocks cheap. that's all I trade. Never buy into the hype. do your DD.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 1700 shares in The Republic Mines Corporation and 750 shares of Elk City Mines Corporation. Both were very good gold producers. I inherited them from my great grandfather. Both are dated 1910 and both companies went out of business before 1915.

Shares were $1 each back then but worth 0 now :(

(I used to live in Republic, WA in the 1970's and was known as a very big gold producing area)

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Companies going out of business is another issue. It's probably safer to buy physical metals.

Ditto...... Be VERY VERY careful of mining stock(s) including bigger co's. Owned CDA and lost 7000+ and todays price is STILL lower than when I sold. Also owned another miner, Pegasus Gold (no longer in biz) and rode it down to 0, lost 2500 on that one! I only buy quality dividend paying larger co's now and have done MUCH better over the many years..... I'll NEVER touch a mining stock again but do buy physical gold and a dab of silver..........jmo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread