Looking for some assistance in the KC area

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I have some scrap sterling that I want to pour into bars. Is there anyone in the KC area that would be willing to help me do it or point me in the right direction. I purchased a propane furnace and I cant get them to come out nice on the small end so I cant expect the larger bars I want to make to come out good so I dont want to waste the money on the crucible and mold. I am looking to make 25oz bars. I could always run to my refiner and get my scrap turned into rounds but that is rather expensive and I lose some of my stash.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some scrap sterling that I want to pour into bars. Is there anyone in the KC area that would be willing to help me do it or point me in the right direction. I purchased a propane furnace and I cant get them to come out nice on the small end so I cant expect the larger bars I want to make to come out good so I dont want to waste the money on the crucible and mold. I am looking to make 25oz bars. I could always run to my refiner and get my scrap turned into rounds but that is rather expensive and I lose some of my stash.

I have a lot of casting experience with glass and metal, with some photos of your furnace, and your moulds and attempted pieces I might be able to sort out what problems your running into and how to solve them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread