Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Request Advice on buying Gold and Silver.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2018
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Request Advice on buying Gold and Silver.

Hello, I am interested in buying Gold and Silver. I don't trust the paper currencies, 401K, and IRA plans. I want to start saving some of my small income in Gold and Silver coins, bars and ingots. Can someone Please tell me what is the best and most profitable way to invest in Gold and Silver coins or bars? What are the best companies to buy from? and how do I sell the Gold or Silver if I had to cash them in? Also please include any other advice that someone new to buying Gold and Silver should know. Thank You
    Last edited by wilspeak; Nov 07, 2018 at 08:49 PM.
    A2coins and Woodsy like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    18786 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I would say don't put all your eggs in one basket when investing!!!!!
    DeepseekerADS likes this.
    Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Oct 2018
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    I would say don't put all your eggs in one basket when investing!!!!!
    Hello A2coins, I have a 401K and a couple of savings accounts. So I'm not going to save everything in Gold and Silver. Thank You.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1761 times
    Prospecting
    You can sell at many places and it's always a liquid asset but just see who's paying what. There are no rules and there is no best. It's just your opinion and up to you what you want.
    A2coins likes this.

May 2017
    4 times
    It's nice to have a few coins or ingots but the problem I see is that once you've accrued a bit, say $10k worth, then you're going to want to protect it either with a good safe or a safety deposit box. Some people don't like the added cost. If you want to invest because you think the value will increase, the cheaper way is to buy Gold ETFs or stocks but there not as fun as something you can hold on to.
    A2coins and Mackaydon like this.

gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    280 times
    Buy a half decent wayerproof and fireproof safe.

Dig a 4ft deep hole in your garden.

Pile it full of your rainy day gold.

Voila!

Matt.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    caro
    Quest Pro Garrett AT Pro Whites ID5 classic pro
    207 times
    Iv bin buying circulated silver coins off ebay and any where else i can get a decent price....
    A2coins and trdking like this.

May 2017
    1218 times
    I've been doing this off an on for years, and have some experience. Here's what to do:

* Invest in a good safe for sure. I use a big old gun safe, but if you're using a smaller one you can always bolt it to some studs from the inside so no one walks off with it.

* For silver, buy 1oz rounds and maybe American Eagles. Get them in 20oz tubes where you can.

* They also sell 1oz bars that come in plastic blister packs you can cut with scissors to separate and sell.

* Remember you're buying to SELL later on, so don't buy specialty coins or "limited edition" stuff. You should be paying a little over spot for every ounce of silver.

* For bigger silver bars, buy 5 and 10oz sizes, tops. These are chunky enough to stack but not so big that they're difficult to sell.

* BUYING: I've bought from Scottsdale Silver (love their bars), APMEX, and Monarch Precious metals. All three are fast, reputable companies.

* SELLING: I've sold some of my stuff on Ebay, but you'll pay 15-20% in fees. Better off to look up and call every local coin/jewelry store in your area. Tell them how many ounces you have to sell, and ask what price they can give you. Go with the best price that should be pretty close to or just under spot.

* Be aware some of these people will try to rip you off. Never let them do that.

* As for gold, I don't know. Haven't had enough to buy gold yet.
    worldtalker and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8296 times
    I like the idea of these (1) gram bars .And I've had no problem w/Apmex. Also when IT hits the FAN (and it will someday) their easily traded/bartered for what ever you may need.
    https://www.apmex.com/product/80382/...ram25-in-assay
    Last edited by RTR; Feb 08, 2019 at 08:20 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    16078 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I'm not wise enough to answer this question. I'm still sitting on some $50 silver.....
    A2coins likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    1761 times
    Prospecting
    Lots of new gun laws coming down the pipe, and for ammunition as well in some states. Might be a good time to buy or sell some guns before all that happens as they are actively chipping away at the 2nd ammendment as we speak with new legislation in the works.
    A2coins likes this.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12073 times
    Metal Detecting
    Don’t waste your money, if gold and silver were running out you wouldn’t see commercials selling it

Use interest to your advantage
    DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

Apr 2008
    438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    Lots of new gun laws coming down the pipe, and for ammunition as well in some states. Might be a good time to buy or sell some guns before all that happens as they are actively chipping away at the 2nd ammendment as we speak with new legislation in the works.
    That is a good thing. It means one of those laws will be eventually be challenged in the US S Ct and be overturned now that we have two new (and probably a third soon) justices that will back the 2nd amend. This issue is the main reason I voted for our prez. If he had lost, I am sure a new anti 2nd amend law would have passed by now.
    TheCoinKid likes this.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    1761 times
    Prospecting
    I hope your right! Always make my hair stand up when I hear them talking crazy like that but could affect prices and has before. Ammo shortages, super slow shipping, higher prices, and nothing in stock.
    Not that the 2nd ammendment is going anywhere IMO.....prices might jump around again like before.

Mar 2014
    3 times
    There are companies which offer storage for your bullions/coins/bars when you buy a certain amount of $$$.

Another thing is (If you want to invest) to buy a gold or silver denominated investment product from a big bank or an investment company. These usually play with the price of gold/silver against USD and at the maturity period you can either get your cash back with a premium or buy the gold/silver.
    www.gmradar.com - your reliable subsurface supplier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links