Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw a video of a guy that sweeps up all the dust and dirt on highway entrance ramps and processes the metals from catalytic converters. Hes out there all night filling buckets with whatever he can collect between cars rushing by hehe.

OP
OP
niffler

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a video of a guy that sweeps up all the dust and dirt on highway entrance ramps and processes the metals from catalytic converters. Hes out there all night filling buckets with whatever he can collect between cars rushing by hehe.
I have seen backpack style vacuums, seems easier than sweeping. Wonder how much precious metals he gets.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We used this stuff around 30 years ago trying to chase the "Cold Fusion" debacle. I remember labs all over the world trying to achieve room temperature fusion; none succeeded.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how much weight in palladium wire can you get out of an old hammond organ? I've been noticing that upsurge in palladium also. Have you noticed the price of rhodium recently?. I've got a 1861 British sterling silver dish with a glass bowl that's got a sterling lid that's plated in rhodium. It looks like a fairly heavy plating that was used to prevent it from tarnishing. It looks remarkable for it's age being they used rhodium to prevent it from tarnishing at being over a150 years old. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/467714-flea-market-sterling-find-today.html

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are trying to keep the focus off gold and silver while they collect tons and tons. No reason for palladium to be rising so much with a tanking auto industry and record defaults and repos, (and electric cars). Spot prices are controlled.
The money metals naturally are pushed lower no matter what everything else is doing. Governemnets around the world are acquiring gold and silver by the boatload right now. Simple price manipulation and theres nothing natural about what's going on. Spot prices can change daily but 5000 years of history tells the real story. Theres nothing honest about the markets right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
niffler

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how much weight in palladium wire can you get out of an old hammond organ? I've been noticing that upsurge in palladium also. Have you noticed the price of rhodium recently?. I've got a 1861 British sterling silver dish with a glass bowl that's got a sterling lid that's plated in rhodium. It looks like a fairly heavy plating that was used to prevent it from tarnishing. It looks remarkable for it's age being they used rhodium to prevent it from tarnishing at being over a150 years old. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/467714-flea-market-sterling-find-today.html
I got about 4 grams from the main bussbars and I still have the small bussbars from the pedals, but the piece of palladium on each one is only about 3/8" long or slightly less. I used a very sharp wood chisel to get the palladium wires off the keyboard copper bars...they are tacked down every inch or so, but come right off with the chisel held at the correct angle. I also sold the tube amplifier and reverb unit for $75 to a guy who was making a guitar amp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions