Palladium worth more than gold?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
    915 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Palladium worth more than gold?

I have been watching Palladium value exceed that of gold for a while. I am admittedly ignorant of why this might be. Does any one understand why this is, and would you please enlighten me? Thanks. I have some Palladium wire I scavenged out of a Hammond organ, so this has my interest.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    14660 times

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2048 times
    Prospecting
    I saw a video of a guy that sweeps up all the dust and dirt on highway entrance ramps and processes the metals from catalytic converters. Hes out there all night filling buckets with whatever he can collect between cars rushing by hehe.

us
    Mar 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    915 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    I saw a video of a guy that sweeps up all the dust and dirt on highway entrance ramps and processes the metals from catalytic converters. Hes out there all night filling buckets with whatever he can collect between cars rushing by hehe.
    I have seen backpack style vacuums, seems easier than sweeping. Wonder how much precious metals he gets.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    28844 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    We used this stuff around 30 years ago trying to chase the "Cold Fusion" debacle. I remember labs all over the world trying to achieve room temperature fusion; none succeeded.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    18898 times
    So how much weight in palladium wire can you get out of an old hammond organ? I've been noticing that upsurge in palladium also. Have you noticed the price of rhodium recently?. I've got a 1861 British sterling silver dish with a glass bowl that's got a sterling lid that's plated in rhodium. It looks like a fairly heavy plating that was used to prevent it from tarnishing. It looks remarkable for it's age being they used rhodium to prevent it from tarnishing at being over a150 years old. Flea Market Sterling find today

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2048 times
    Prospecting
    They are trying to keep the focus off gold and silver while they collect tons and tons. No reason for palladium to be rising so much with a tanking auto industry and record defaults and repos, (and electric cars). Spot prices are controlled.
    The money metals naturally are pushed lower no matter what everything else is doing. Governemnets around the world are acquiring gold and silver by the boatload right now. Simple price manipulation and theres nothing natural about what's going on. Spot prices can change daily but 5000 years of history tells the real story. Theres nothing honest about the markets right now.
    Last edited by Johnnybravo300; Mar 05, 2019 at 09:56 AM.

us
    Mar 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    915 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    So how much weight in palladium wire can you get out of an old hammond organ? I've been noticing that upsurge in palladium also. Have you noticed the price of rhodium recently?. I've got a 1861 British sterling silver dish with a glass bowl that's got a sterling lid that's plated in rhodium. It looks like a fairly heavy plating that was used to prevent it from tarnishing. It looks remarkable for it's age being they used rhodium to prevent it from tarnishing at being over a150 years old. Flea Market Sterling find today
    I got about 4 grams from the main bussbars and I still have the small bussbars from the pedals, but the piece of palladium on each one is only about 3/8" long or slightly less. I used a very sharp wood chisel to get the palladium wires off the keyboard copper bars...they are tacked down every inch or so, but come right off with the chisel held at the correct angle. I also sold the tube amplifier and reverb unit for $75 to a guy who was making a guitar amp.

Sponsored Links