Silver weekly chart

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Has just finished forming a nice inverse head and shoulders. This is generally regarded as a bullish pattern.

Further, you can see the blue line (50 day moving average) is about to cross the red line (200 day moving average) in an upward movement, this is called a "golden cross" and is generally regarded as a bullish sign. It hasn't happened yet but looks imminent if the price holds up.

http://schrts.co/DTFUryRR

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Palladium is where the big $'s at. $2841.50 an ounce!

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow jmbullion now has $299 minimum order and longer delivery with premiums really rising.
Apmex is behind a few days on shipping too.
Jmbullions busiest selling day ever was yesterday.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Will we see my $12 buy price during this virus/oil crisis?
Don.....

I don't think so, but if we had a quick drop to that level I doubt you would find any physical metal at those prices. My view is that the big sell off in PMs is large traders/institutions selling off assets to cover other losses or margin calls, etc.

It was just announced today that the interest rate is basically zero now and have re-instituted QE (the kind like before). You saw what low interest rates and QE during the Obama years did for silver (up till 2011 when it crashed), we should see similar. But it might take a while to kick in.

I no longer believe silver will be the savior we've been led to believe by the pm pundits who've been wrong consistently since 2011, but it will provide a good trade at some point kind of like Bitcoin was for a time. I believe we will see a Bitcoin moment in silver and gold that will see silver over $100 but I don't think it will last forever.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/fed...-700-billion-quantitative-easing-program.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silver hits $11.70. And after waiting years for it to get down to $12 before I jump back it--I hesitate--waiting for a sustainable turnaround.
Don....

Ha, you got your wish! Would be interesting to know if anyone can buy any decent silver at usual premiums?

One option to play dips like this is SLV shares. I would not substitute owning physical silver with SLV.

But to play for short term profits it works well. If you are more of a risk taker, SLV options are good play for more leverage.

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BGASC is completely sold out.
Expect others to follow? Making history folks.

Sold out? Or stopped selling??
I believe the latter..
And they won't be rushing to buy it if it does go to $100.
And if it should go to $100 the market will flood so fast it will be $2 within a week.
(Just my worthless opinion, of course)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
$11.65 at 10.40 PST. Teasing me to buy, but I think there is still more 'slack in the line'. DOW under 20k and gold in the 1400s. Wait... wait.
Don..

I too think there is slack in the line as the news cycle won't be getting better for some time. Dow selling off another 10%. The roller-coaster will continue. If Gold gets to $1200, I'm going to jump in front of that train.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread