Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver holds high promise in a crisis situation IMO, because it can be used to make solar panels.

Gold? :dontknow:

I suppose it would make an excellent projectile, dense as tungsten and soft as lead.

Duckshot,
In a crisis situation that goes sideways, where you might need to go somewhere else, you can only carry so much silver.
With a ratio of over 100 ounces of silver to = just one ounce of gold, I think I would want to really evaluate what goes and what gets left behind. And not just about gold and/or silver but a slew of other things as well. How many really think about "what would you leave behind" vs abosolute necessities. :icon_scratch: ??? :dontknow:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thought this through pretty thoroughly, and I have no intention to leave home. I like my home. Besides, in a crisis home is usually the safest place. You don't want to get caught wandering around not knowing what or who is in your surroundings.

I could use up 100 oz Troy of silver pretty quick. That's like only like seven pounds of 10.5g/cc bird shot, enough for four boxes 12 gauge. :tongue3:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I have thought this through pretty thoroughly, and I have no intention to leave home. I like my home. Besides, in a crisis home is usually the safest place. You don't want to get caught wandering around not knowing what or who is in your surroundings.

I could use up 100 oz Troy of silver pretty quick. That's like only like seven pounds of 10.5g/cc bird shot, enough for four boxes 12 gauge. :tongue3:

Duckshot,
I agree, staying put is usually best.
There are saying about having the best laid plans, and still . . . . Fire or flood
It's easy to not want to think about because all the stuff we have, but the reality is it could very easy be a situation where we have to leave most things behind.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have it sorted either, but not many do when it comes to their stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread