Anyone here buying or selling silver recently? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Anyone here buying or selling silver recently?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2008
    479 times
    The silver weekly chart broke through the trend line with this week's close FWIW. In the past silver has done this type of thing only to drop in the near future, but for now the chart looks good.

https://schrts.co/RMGvJhtA
    Duckshot likes this.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    3205 times
    Metal Detecting
    I bought a monster box of ASE's for around $13,800 a couple weeks ago, same box from same dealer is nearly $15,000 now.
    Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that I could cash out and make a quick $1,000, but I hope the upwards trend continues.
    Duckshot likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3988 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    I bought a monster box of ASE's for around $13,800 a couple weeks ago, same box from same dealer is nearly $15,000 now.
    Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that I could cash out and make a quick $1,000, but I hope the upwards trend continues.
    Why do something much more cumbersome than simply playing the paper silver game if one wants to make a quick buck?

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2550 times
    Prospecting
    Cash that monster box in for gold when the ratio drops. That's what I'd do. Generational wealth baby!
    fistfulladirt likes this.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9241 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Physical silver is for long term holding, ETFs are for flipping.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

RTR
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    17627 times
    Thinking of melting it down and turn it into a 'Shifter Knob' Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	1887214
    WG2020 likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2550 times
    Prospecting
    Like the white trash version of gold rims!

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3988 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Thinking of melting it down and turn it into a 'Shifter Knob' Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	1887214
    No way! Too sweet of a pour.
    Duckshot likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    3205 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    Why do something much more cumbersome than simply playing the paper silver game if one wants to make a quick buck?
    I'm not looking to make a quick buck, which is precisely why I have it in hand and not on paper.
    fistfulladirt likes this.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    7810 times
    I traded is some gold for some silver Maples last week. The gold was not hallmarked and the dealer wanted a $4 premium per coin. Unfortunately the dude acid tested my gold at 20k. Bullcrap, I know the refiner and it was . 995 at least. I think t the dude had sme bad acid.

I still think ill come out ahead long term. The Federal Reseve is stealing your FRN savings again with all the stimulus acts. Dollar wise I think I will come out ahead. Value relative to goods will probably be static- unless we get into a big war. Gold is used in industrial applications, but a heck of a lot more silver is used in manufacturing.
    "Do Not do to others that which you would Not have them do to you"

Choose your heroes carefully.

In God We Trust.

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2141 times
    I have several hundred grams of 925 spoons and jewelry I will be selling at spot. I bought it at a little under spot and silver has gone up a bit so I am OK with spot. I am not a charter member any more, never even a bit on things I had to sell.

Last month I sent some to my refinery but I didn't like the 10% hit I took. Any ideas on where else to sell? I do belong to a couple other metal sites and will probably list there.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2550 times
    Prospecting
    For spot should sell easily, dont take that hit screw that.
    I doubt you'll have any problems selling.
    List local in your local paper too, you'll sure have some callers I'd bet.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2550 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    I traded is some gold for some silver Maples last week. The gold was not hallmarked and the dealer wanted a $4 premium per coin. Unfortunately the dude acid tested my gold at 20k. Bullcrap, I know the refiner and it was . 995 at least. I think t the dude had sme bad acid.

I still think ill come out ahead long term. The Federal Reseve is stealing your FRN savings again with all the stimulus acts. Dollar wise I think I will come out ahead. Value relative to goods will probably be static- unless we get into a big war. Gold is used in industrial applications, but a heck of a lot more silver is used in manufacturing.
    Yep everything will keep climbing during the thieving so might as well get yours while it lasts and keep close to the exit.
    It's when the pumping and printing stops that you will have to worry....until then the bubbles will keep on keeping on. They are out of options.

Make money in the markets with some gambling portion but squirrel the winnings away into the stack.
    Rinse and repeat!

I got some bad acid once and lost a whole day. Had a crazy dream I was eating the world's biggest marshmallow, woke up and my pillow was missing.
    Last edited by Johnnybravo300; Dec 21, 2020 at 01:24 PM.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2550 times
    Prospecting
    I picked up 15 Morgans and 5 Peace dollars yesterday at my lcs for $25 each.
    The days of 13 and 15 dollar silver dollars are gone forever and it seems like just last week haha.
    The 1887 Morgan looks like it had scotch tape across it maybe taped in an album and stored in an attic for 75 years. Great great great grandpa's collection maybe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_silverdollars.jpg 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	1892431

I hope everyone took advantage of the beatdown and picked up a few ounces.

Apr 2008
    479 times
    I have a feeling silver might be dropping some more over the next two days. I hope it does because I want to buy some cheaper. I haven't been dollar cost averaging lately because of the higher silver price, higher premiums and general lack of cool stuff from my coin dealers. If we drop a dollar or more from here I might just buy some junk silver Kennedy halves which I can get relatively cheap compared to .999 silver.

Once Biden gets sworn in and the DC chaos calms down a bit I think they will start more stimulus/spending that will keep PMs moving like they have been. If they push for more solar power nationally that would have to be good for silver too.
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links