Anyone here buying or selling silver recently?

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mexico un peso coins for 50 cents over melt per coin (.720 purity). Really pretty coins that are mostly AU and are from the 1930s and 1940s.

Sweet deal, those are some of my favorite coins on earth so getting them without any real silver/numismatic premium these days sounds almost irresistible to me.

Been focusing more on miners and other investments lately but still grab the cheap scrap I come across, this recent buy of a 504 gram .800 silver sugar/creamer set was just $74 shipped for nearly 13ozt of pure silver. It's a very well made and thick gauge set.

.800silverset.jpg

It's hard to resist sub-$10 silver scrap for refining when the reddit moonbois are paying over $30 but I've been learning a lot about the mining sector over the past year and think some of the best gains in the PM world are to be found there. If the AISC of producing silver is $20/oz and spot is $25 for example, then a mere doubling of silver to $50 would multiply profits of the miner by 6x provided future fuel/material costs don't eat it all up. If investors globally get gripped by silver fever and FOMO into the sector the gains could be even higher than just the increased profits relative to current valuations would support. If it works out I can pay off all remaining paper debt with those paper assets and then keep every gram of physical. Seems like things are really heating up now, I expect that before the May delivery month is concluded we'll have a good idea where silver is headed. Good luck and happy stackin' everyone, I'm quite certain that we're on the right side of things here.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's already easy to see where it's going. You cant print trillions from thin air with no inflation.
It will turn out the same as it always has the last 6000 years without exception and the rules havent changed.

Theres always a lag and people will dismiss it but it's coming nevertheless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread