Finally timed it right.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a hunch and went with it. When silver hit $25.XX this week I sold over 600 oz of generic rounds for $1.00 back of spot. About 90% of these rounds were purchased at $13 - $15 per round, the rest were around $17 or so.
Wife got a big smile on her face when I showed her the stack of cash and the +/- differential.....

Now waiting for Gold to break $2,000.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulling profit so the rest of the silver stack is "free" or were you cashing out most? Just wondering what your general strategy is, not trying to delve into private matters. Good play provided you have slick schemes to fund coming due and/or know you can get more during a dip. The global uncertainty and market volatility is too spooky for me right now so stacking, sitting tight and waiting is what makes me comfy.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Good to take a profit sometimes.

I'm thinking about selling some of the stuff I don't like as much to put the proceeds into other forms of silver. The higher prices are bringing out cooler items from sellers who were waiting for higher prices to cash out. I don't really want to put too much new money in at these price levels in case we drop to $15 and stay there for a while.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulling profit so the rest of the silver stack is "free" or were you cashing out most? Just wondering what your general strategy is, not trying to delve into private matters. Good play provided you have slick schemes to fund coming due and/or know you can get more during a dip. The global uncertainty and market volatility is too spooky for me right now so stacking, sitting tight and waiting is what makes me comfy.

I cashed all silver out. My strategy is to hold the money until the next big dip then almost double my silver by re-investing.
Just want gold to hit $2,000 then I am all in on that as well, same strategy as well.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a pretty brave bet that silver will drop back to 12.50 and you can double your silver holdings at a 12.50 physical price. Hope it works out!

I believe the key word I used was "Almost".

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, hopefully it does work out but I personally don't expect to see <20 spot silver (that one can actually buy) ever again. Hope I'm wrong as I want more cheap bullion too, but the global forces at work now are so much greater than in 1980 or 2011. I wasn't around in 1980 and wasn't alarmed in 2011 in spite of the dire warnings from all the metalbugs because the fundamentals weren't really there, so happily sold high confident I could get back in lower. Today is very different in my opinion so be alert as any potential buying opportunity is likely to be very short lived. Good luck!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, hopefully it does work out but I personally don't expect to see <20 spot silver (that one can actually buy) ever again. Hope I'm wrong as I want more cheap bullion too, but the global forces at work now are so much greater than in 1980 or 2011. I wasn't around in 1980 and wasn't alarmed in 2011 in spite of the dire warnings from all the metalbugs because the fundamentals weren't really there, so happily sold high confident I could get back in lower. Today is very different in my opinion so be alert as any potential buying opportunity is likely to be very short lived. Good luck!
I was a 17 y.o. back in ‘80, I followed the market then (call me an oddball teenager, I had lots of different interests at the time) and I often wondered how far the Hunts could have gone before they were shut down by the Gub.

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I was 22 years old in 1980, fresh out of college and working for the Hunt family one floor above their executive offices in downtown Dallas. I wasn't in the middle of things, but I knew in general what was going on. Spent most of the next 10 years of my life working on resulting Hunt family bankruptcy proceedings. At one time, H.L. Hunt was considered to be the richest man in the world. Lucky for him he was already gone when his kids (primarily Bunker and Herbert) lost most of it on the silver debacle.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a hunch and went with it. When silver hit $25.XX this week I sold over 600 oz of generic rounds for $1.00 back of spot. About 90% of these rounds were purchased at $13 - $15 per round, the rest were around $17 or so.
Wife got a big smile on her face when I showed her the stack of cash and the +/- differential.....

Now waiting for Gold to break $2,000.

Well GOLD hit $2000 the other day soooooo?
+
Glad you made some $ off yr investment.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My psychological top is somewhere between $60-$80/oz. for silver, at that point I’ll unload some generic rounds and some rolls of 40% halves.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well GOLD hit $2000 the other day soooooo?
+
Glad you made some $ off yr investment.

And it was sold. The money from the gold will go to buying/building our retirement home in the Blue Ridge mountains where we own 18 acres. That is a slight deviation from my original plan with gold.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hold on for a few years and you could probably pick up many houses already built for pennies on the dollar, rent some and pay your mortgage too!
The plandemic is far from over.
Most importantly always remember it's all crashing cuz of the flu haha. That's the important part.

The fire sales havent yet begun but I'm waiting tight and saving every paycheck. The best times to pick up good cheap assets are yet to come! Let the sales begin!

Last edited:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JohnnyBravo knows what's up, I see the same scenarios unfolding so am getting educated and materially prepared to take advantage of the coming wealth transfer(s) as well.

That said, one can't put a price on a slice of paradise in the blue ridge mountains. Good land is true wealth and we all need a home, so it's a solid trade in my book. I'm another lifetime away from retirement age but the goal is similar: leverage metals into acreage, properties, quarries/mineral resources, but most importantly a safe homestead out of town where I can nourish my babies, scale up my production of esoteric herbal cash crops etc, and generally enjoy the good honest simple things in life. One can't purchase peace and contentment, so if selling 25/oz silver got you closer to realizing it for your family then congrats, your metal did what it was supposed to.:icon_thumright:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah over 50 million out of work, gonna be alot of houses soon when they all get booted out.
Hopefully theres a few cheap backhoes left laying around after the carnage!
Nasdaq record highs today woop woop!

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold on for a few years and you could probably pick up many houses already built for pennies on the dollar, rent some and pay your mortgage too!
The plandemic is far from over.
Most importantly always remember it's all crashing cuz of the flu haha. That's the important part.

The fire sales havent yet begun but I'm waiting tight and saving every paycheck. The best times to pick up good cheap assets are yet to come! Let the sales begin!

The pic is the property from an aerial view. We own the 18 acres outlined in red.

Attachments

• Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions