cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally sold all my coins. I realized my wife and daughter would have no idea where or how to sell my metals after I am six feet under so I am selling off everything now. I use ebay and etsy but they are too slow. I am not in a real hurry but silver spot is real good right now. I now have three kinds of silver to sell that are not coins and I am asking for help. I have sterling flatware, jewelry and antiques.

Can someone recommend a buyer or facebook group that will allow these items? I belong to several coin groups but they do not allow 925 no matter how good a reputation I have. I doubt seriously I will sell under spot. I use a refinery in TX that will pay 95% for the amount I have. I have tried selling on tnet but get very few results.

Cross posted in Coins

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy for refining and ingot return, and naturally (like you) refuse to pay remotely close to spot while holding out for top dollar for my own items. It's easy to determine that Tiffany, Cartier, and high end older brands go for higher than spot when auctioned but it's hit or miss with different styles of flatware.

While you may get 95% of spot selling directly to your place (great rate), you may get 90-92% metal returned from a refinery in market ready ingots that enjoy the same spot+premium market value as any other bullion, so while a bigger hassle you'd be able to flip the ingots for more than what selling at 95% would yield, all else being equal.

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're so stupid it's amazing your heart and lungs work. Your family will be soooooooo much better off with paper currency.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I keep my family involved in our savings and money affairs since they are really my reason for it.
I've known too many guys that have collected gold and ammo just to have it practically given away later and it's a sad thing to see.
My wife knows exactly what we have and its worth and my son as well. Otherwise how would they know.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dan, not sure if this will help. There's companies that sell replacement pieces of silverware. Blew me away what they were paying. Sent them a couple pics & a list. They asked for another pic and bought 3/4 of what I had! Beat weedling it out a few pieces at a time at the swap meet. Haven't been active selling for a couple years, found out making rings was easier & more profitible. Not to mention more relaxing. I'll look for the company next time I get to my computer.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're so stupid it's amazing your heart and lungs work. Your family will be soooooooo much better off with paper currency.

That's a real nice statement. I guess I can't expect any better coming from the "village idiot."

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real nice statement. I guess I can't expect any better coming from the "village idiot."

I was wondering who that was directed at. There is always someone that has to start name calling or insulting when even a nice and informative reply was given. Maybe he is jealous because his paper currency is worth less than ours.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Replacements Limited in Greensboro NC for your flatware and other silver serving pieces.

I tried them a couple of years ago. They offered me a lot less than melt. But on their website the same pieces were a lot higher than melt. I turned them down. Guess they had a good supply of the ones I had. I sold those settings later for well above melt. I just sold another five place setting for right at melt. I was OK with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread