Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When silver goes back down to $12 I'm going to buy it

Not me. With my luck at timing anything, I'll probably be selling when it's at $12. :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to be heavy in the stock market, lost thousands.

An old co-worker K. C. Hsu once to told me:

"Waja, we like you. We gunna watch you and do the opposite....."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll wait for $3.an oz

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have been holding silver and watching its price daily since 2005 or thereabouts. I feel that what is going on with these Wallstreetsilver type buyers and such is that silver is going to finally "break free" from its bondage. I am currently not buying due to the higher prices and lack of local physical silver, but I have the silver I picked up between 14-18 or so during the past 5-6 years and don't plan on selling ANY until we hit 100, then I'll dump 1/3 of the stash and hopefully sell the rest before it crashes someday.

What makes it different this time? The fact that silver is being taken off the market at such a fast pace. The "manipulators" can't manipulate the same way without access to loads of physical to dump when they need to.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Meanwhile, SLV has recently changed its prospectus again based on what is going on with the silver buying frenzy.

PS The fact that the MSM isn't really talking about silver right now tells me there is something there.

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/r...slv-warns-of-limited-available-silver-supply/

Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back a few years ago, when silver was high, I gathered up a bunch of spare silver coins and scrap silver I had dug up. When I went into my local silver dealer the spot price of the day was $49.25/oz.. I sold him my silver, took the money and ran! The next day the price dropped, and continued to drop! It never went up again until recently. I just totally lucked out that day... and I never luck out! I couldn't have timed it any better if I had been the world's most educated broker in precious metals! I don't dare go back 'cause I think Karma is lurking in the wings to strike for "payback!" :BangHead: :dontknow: :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
What makes it different this time? The fact that silver is being taken off the market at such a fast pace. The "manipulators" can't manipulate the same way without access to loads of physical to dump when they need to.
Jim I thought the crooks were dumping paper on the market, not physical?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I am not very sophisticated/educated on market trends but I have been "stacking" silver for years, just like the stuff.
Basically, hoards of guys on reddit, the same crowd that sent gamestop shares ridiculously high and crumbled the portfolios of alot of investors are, and have been for weeks, trying to do the same thing with silver - Drive up the spot price against those who have "bet" [with big $$] that it will/would go low.
This has created unprecedented demand, the monster box [500 oz of silver] I bought about 5 months ago for around $13k now sells for nearly $20k [actually went over that mark, has lately been trending down a bit] ,, But the demand has never been higher, the supply is finite, so "stackers" are trying a brute force squeeze to drive it up by taking it off the market, browse here for much much much [too much] more info and perspective and get an idea of the frenzy going on

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Silverbugs/

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

FFD,

The folks who are long on Comex can stand for delivery if they wish. When that happens, the "short" (person on other side of the transaction) has to go and find the silver to satisfy the contract. In the past, there have not been enough "longs" wishing to stand for delivery to affect supply, so the "shorts" could keep selling (shorting) invisible paper ounces on the Comex as much as they want.

This right to stand for delivery is the only thing that will have any effect on curtailing the excessive shorting going on in silver (and gold) if supply ever gets low.

There are some silver pundits falsely claiming that the Comex longs are either coerced or bribed to take a cash settlement with some type of "bonus" thrown in, instead of getting their silver or gold delivered. Such utter and complete rubbish. I won't name the pundits who say this but they have a decent following who like to quote them from time to time.

If the paper price drops too low I predict more buyers (longs) will get Comex contracts and stand for delivery. Each standard Comex contract involves 5000 ounces of silver.

Here is a charts showing Comex gold deliveries. Look how much is being delivered recently. I can't find the silver chart but it looks similar if I remember correctly.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4360530-why-physical-gold-delivery-on-comex-in-new-york-is-elevated

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You go in the Reddit chat now and they call you a government shill and report you to get banned haha.
The Reddit crowd is imploding on themselves now.
They all sit there and stare at spot all day and wonder what happened.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I just checked and spot silver right now is at $25.22.....

I'm comfortable just sitting and watching. Did some paper silver back during the Hunt Brother's days - lost my butt.

I no longer believe in paper silver....

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You go in the Reddit chat now and they call you a government shill and report you to get banned haha.
The Reddit crowd is imploding on themselves now.
They all sit there and stare at spot all day and wonder what happened.

The Reddit site WallStreetSilver is responsible getting more attention on the silver market than anything I've seen since I've been "stacking". Like all other blog sites there will be some fools on there but the effect they are having creating new stackers is beyond dispute. It has come at a time when everything seems to be lining up for PM prices to gain. My local stores are sold out as soon as new inventory comes in. I've never seen anything like this in my area. They even have raised thousands of dollars from average Joes for billboards and such to educate the masses. Several large national bullion dealers have been donating as well.

It takes time for things to materialize in markets, especially when there has been long-standing mega institutions shorting the crap out of it for years. For the time I've watched silver I mostly saw tepid silver stackers mostly whining about manipulation over and over. I believe we will see $50 or higher silver this year. It's not wishful thinking because I wish it would be sub 20 again so I can keep buying more.

I would opine that silver now is like when Bitcoin was at $1000 or thereabouts (with respect to growing interest and acceptance, etc).

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah it was probably just some jerk, seems like it's mostly kids there.
I'd love a nice pullback but I'm not counting on it. I've noticed my buying style has changed some but I'm getting more what I like these days with premiums so high on everything.
I've also been sitting the fence more than before.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The spot price has fell but the online retailers are still wanting 5 to 6 bucks over spot. If memory serves correctly it used to be about 3 or 4 over spot. I have a local dealer that used to be 2 over spot but since the craze his spot price has went up as well. If it comes down to where I can get it for about 25 an ounce (or less hopefully) I will start buying again. Right now I don't see paying 30 bucks an ounce. I might regret that decision in the future, but its a guessing game as to which way the price is going.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you suppose anybody getting their third IRS covid relief check might spend it on silver, if they could spare it.

When they steal a bunch of money from the treasury, it's like robbing your bank without a gun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread