T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sourdough, I make my own sourdough in a Dutch oven, it is really good.
i also cast bullets and reload, sitting on 1000 lbs of lead. Far more useful than my 2 pounds of silver.

That two pounds of silver can buy a helluva lot more than the thousand pounds of lead...JMHO. Also, I'll trade ya one silver round for that there sourdough gem!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Send all you have to me, I'll handle the shipping and throw in a little extra!
Sorry T.C., I never said that I don’t care for venison! Plenty more for me. Along with all the bluegill, tree rats and rabbit in my freezer.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can’t even get them to eat a prime piece of venison.

Alot of folks don't like eating Bambi, including me - Though I'd sure as hell would if that was all that was available.
Have a few redneck hunting buddies, they are always offering me deer meet, home made jerkey ect, always pass.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been offered Bambi, but just couldn't stomach it. But I can certainly eat that stuff that looks like ground beef from the grocery store.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been offered Bambi, but just couldn't stomach it. But I can certainly eat that stuff that looks like ground beef from the grocery store.
I avoid as much grocery store food as possible, it’s not difficult, and I do very well. I have my own chickens/eggs, harvested vegetables/fruit and I hunt and fish and have a well stocked pond in my front yard. In my state it’s illegal to harvest a fawn, I’m sure it’s quite tender but I’ve never sampled it, it’s just not right.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Alot of folks don't like eating Bambi, including me - Though I'd sure as hell would if that was all that was available.
Have a few redneck hunting buddies, they are always offering me deer meet, home made jerkey ect, always pass.
It’s not ethical to hunt or eat a fawn deer. I avoid grocery store food as much as possible but I supposed if I was in bad shape I’d eat Bambi.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I used to butcher up my own deer, I would bone it out and take all the scraps into the local butcher. He would add about 10% beef fat, grind it all up and make deer burger. You have NEVER eaten anything that even comes close to deer burger...makes my mouth water just thinkin' about it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
When I used to butcher up my own deer, I would bone it out and take all the scraps into the local butcher. He would add about 10% beef fat, grind it all up and make deer burger. You have NEVER eaten anything that even comes close to deer burger...makes my mouth water just thinkin' about it.
I just made 50 lbs of venison brats using a 50/50 mix of pork and deer. Nothing better than food you’ve processed.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s not ethical to hunt or eat a fawn deer. I avoid grocery store food as much as possible but I supposed if I was in bad shape I’d eat Bambi.

Up in snow country, a.k.a the great white north, it's against the law to shoot a spotted yearling. But, the late born fawns usually won't make it through winter anyhow. Not enough fat on them. That's o.k., the timber wolves got to eat too.

Those 1-1/2 year old deer are fair game though. There is not much meat on 'em but you can cut the venison with a fork. Very tender compared to an old buck. :thumbsup:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This "Fireworks" silver is more like a fizzle .Bought this April 2018 for a total of $55.00
Same company ,same 2 oz ingot, today is $65.00 total.
At this rate you'll need a Boat Load (or two boat loads) to make it worth while.
UP $10.00 total in the last 3 years :tongue3: 009.JPG

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
This "Fireworks" silver is more like a fizzle .Bought this April 2018 for a total of $55.00
At this rate you'll need a Boat Load (or two boat loads) to make it worth while.
UP $10.00 total in the last 3 years :tongue3: View attachment 1907420
That’s about an 18% gain in three years, compared to less than 1% in your traditional savings account, not bad!

Investment? Terrible. Just a hedge to try and preserve wealth.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UP $10.00 total in the last 3 years :tongue3: View attachment 1907420

Would have done better on ebay if able, $100+
If you sell back to the people you buy from, of course you will be lowballed into the ground.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s about an 18% gain in three years, compared to less than 1% in your traditional savings account, not bad!

"Traditional savings" lol Who does that :) And the same thing goes...you'll need tons of it to be worth your time. OR,live to be 200

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
"Traditional savings" lol Who does that :) And the same thing goes...you'll need tons of it to be worth your time. OR,live to be 200
Well, I looked it up and 71% or 3 of 4 Americans have a traditional savings account with a bank or CU if the web isn’t lying to me. Anyways, I’ve never considered silver a money maker nor a get rich quick scheme unless it’s free :laughing7:...just another hard asset, a commodity that holds some value, a hedge, not meant to be used until very hard times.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, actually, WSB is not promoting silver....WSS is..

Here is the reason...the Fed is making the silver ETFs hold more physical silver. This is no different that when the Feds asked banks to hold more money on hand...
Some feel this will artificially create a demand for physical silver. I really dont think buying a few ounces here and there is going to make much of a difference...

A fund like SLV is not going to care about some one ounce coins...they will have to acquire some more physical silver They have net assets of $16.43 Billion and need about $72 million more in physical silver to meet the requirements

These "investors" will be a bit dismayed when they look at the Spot + to buy, and then the Spot - to sell...a round trip will cost between $14 to $20 for their $25 ounce of silver...

They also have some master plan that since some of the hedge funds are short on silver, a price increase will help break them on a short squeeze...

all foolishness...especially all of the pictures of their "hoard"..

The days of collecting physical silver, with its lack of liquidity and commission fees, have gone the way of stamp and coin collecting...just a decreasing trend...

First week in Dec, I bought BTC at a little over $19,100.00...nows its at $56,236.00 and I can sell it in milliseconds for $7...actually, did just that..

UP $10.00 total in the last 3 years

Yes but between the assay fee and the Spot - price....it is a fun looking piece!

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I went and got 35 ounces of hedge today.

The shop had two 5 toz. loaves marked .999 but without a maker's mark. :tard:

I was going to get seven 5's, but ended up with four and half a tube of RMC Owls. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread