Anyone know the general purity of dental gold crowns?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll soon be 72 years old in exactly 3 months.

And I still have my permanent teeth. But it has certainly been a battle along the way.

I have saved all the crowns I've ever replaced - guess my mouth still remains a gold mine.

What is the general purity of dental gold? I could do a scratch test on each, but would like to know what to expect.

I looked on Youtube for an answer and the answer there was 22k, but mixed in with silver and palladium.....

Interesting - don't know why I even looked :)

But weight of the crowns was 16.65 grams - about half an ounce.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I'll soon be 72 years old in exactly 3 months.

And I still have my permanent teeth. But it has certainly been a battle along the way.

I have saved all the crowns I've ever replaced - guess my mouth still remains a gold mine.

What is the general purity of dental gold? I could do a scratch test on each, but would like to know what to expect.

I looked on Youtube for an answer and the answer there was 22k, but mixed in with silver and palladium.....

Interesting - don't know why I even looked :)

But weight of the crowns was 16.65 grams - about half an ounce.

It can range from 10 to 22 karat. I suppose they can test it when you take it in?

https://topvegasbuyer.com/blog/what-percentage-of-dental-gold-is-real-gold/

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont test them while they are still in your mouth :P

:)

Sorry i couldnt help myself :P

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Deep,
Last week I sold a crown from a molar: $65
Don.....

When ever a crown popped off while I was eating - I knew it immediately!

But then I've had plenty practice at that - got 6 old crowns in my little container. Guess I was saving for retirement.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread