Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all are so funny! I loved Sandford & Son back in the day and TBBT now too!

I got out for an hour or so yesterday to a local creek... 0.12 grams of beautiful Colorado placer 😄 I was on a tiny creek so I built a solid dam and ran the whole creek flow thru my Bazooka Prospector. Was SOOO nice to be outside on the stream. I wore river sandals and quickly had numb feet, last time in sandals until next spring I guess :(

Hope you all are getting some gold!

I last got out on Sunday to Montana City, the river was nice. Not too many leaves and only one other prospector!

Now though looking out the window and the "feels like" temp at only 8 degrees, I wish I would have stayed longer. Still have a fat pan sitting in the garage, got all my pumps drained and inside just in time. My fat pan was a solid block of ice this morning hahah. That probably killed those weird worms in there (if I'm lucky)... Probably some decent color in there though. I went DEEP. Was a hell of a chore filling it up though. Items of note were two golf balls, 3 iron concretions and a spoon. (stainless, but I was just thinking to myself the other day I needed a new spoon for my arsenal..)

<3 Yep, looks like waders, flannel shirts and the long gloves from here on out.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, fleece and waders season commences! Won't stop me but may slow me down just a little. My biggest gold production in the last year was in Feb tho so not toooo slowed down!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good boy Kemper, "sit!"

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know its nothing sketchy but keep in mind that there are some young ones on here that we don't want to get in trouble with the parents. it only takes one link for the parents to say "you cant get back on there again". I enjoy listening to some of the adventures of the younger kids on here.

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know its nothing sketchy but keep in mind that there are some young ones on here that we don't want to get in trouble with the parents. it only takes one link for the parents to say "you cant get back on there again". I enjoy listening to some of the adventures of the younger kids on here.
even if i did click that link (i swear i didnt)
my mom cant even connect to the internet without my help, half the thinks i do on the internet she doesnt even know about(not saying they are bad)

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
even if i did click that link (i swear i didnt)
my mom cant even connect to the internet without my help, half the thinks i do on the internet she doesnt even know about(not saying they are bad)

Oh that was not just in reference to you. i cant remember his name but he was interested in drywashing and things of that nature. i believe his dad wound up joining the forums as well. i think he was like 10 or 12ish

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Props to Kemper for respecting my request...thanks Brother!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it has been, which is fine. It was a link to a bikini contest if anyone is wondering. I posted it under your random thought request, but if someone was worried that some youth might see it I can understand that. A PM would probably have been sufficient. If someone is allowed to view your thread only they will find it free from the content. If anyone has such a concern I hope they are aware of what else is available for viewing on the internet. I don't browse looking for anything obscene and my post was not. I noticed you capitalized "MY" in your complaint. Excuse me for thinking otherwise.
thanks! Guess I can be a bit of a prude sometimes....

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good Luck on Wed-Sun! Who knows, you may see me out there digging alongside you..

TGP

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kevin,
I found a great deal and upgraded to the Sniper! Sold the Super Mini for the same I got the Sniper for. Whoot! Whoot! Next week during Thanksgiving, I'm headed over to the American River from Wednesday through Sunday… I'm so excited!!! :-)

Which size? Congrats!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kevin,
I found a great deal and upgraded to the Sniper! Sold the Super Mini for the same I got the Sniper for. Whoot! Whoot! Next week during Thanksgiving, I'm headed over to the American River from Wednesday through Sunday… I'm so excited!!! :-)

30" Sniper is the perfect machine for what you are about to encounter.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kevin, I found a great deal and upgraded to the Sniper! Sold the Super Mini for the same I got the Sniper for. Whoot! Whoot! Next week during Thanksgiving, I'm headed over to the American River from Wednesday through Sunday… I'm so excited!!! :-)
Wow, congrats! I hope you love it!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you have to classify for the 30" sniper or can you shove right on that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread