Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did it! Just order a bazooka gold trap for our trip. I can't wait to get it and hit the rivers [emoji13].

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sealed a little crack in my boot and went out digging. Nope, still leaks...brr! Ah well, still got good gold :)

Anyone have hints on an inexpensive sealer for rubber boots?

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are they neoprene or rubber...I know you said rubber, just checking cuz the answers would be different. With rubber waders (and not the kneee area I trust), I have always used a bicycle tire tube repair kit without fail. Rough it up good first, clean up with a little alcohol swipe, cement, patch, press.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are rubber boots attached to my chest waders. The leak seems to be at the base of the heel.

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind white get a tube of 3M fast cure 5300 marine sealant. Might be able to find it in black at west marine shop if you have one close by. The white you can get at lowes. Careful where you get this stuff it does not come off and is worse when dr.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah yes, that's the stuff I was trying to remember the name of, thanks! ...there's a West Marine a mile from my house too :)

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah yes, that's the stuff I was trying to remember the name of, thanks! ...there's a West Marine a mile from my house too :)

If i remeber they make a product called aqua seal for dive suits that might help you its very sticky stuff.
Gt,

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, you have the 30" sniper right? Does it have 2 or 3 tubes inside it. I got my 24" sniper in today and they told me the main different with the super mini and the sniper is the sniper has 3 tubes. This one they sent me has 2 in it.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Sniper definitely is a two tube setup, my 30" sniper is the same. However the fluid bed on the sniper is about 4X the total volume of the Mini.

Scooby903

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I might actually be able to get out today! Weather has been perfect and the snow is pretty much gone!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I might actually be able to get out today! Weather has been perfect and the snow is pretty much gone!

Get out where? Probably not in the northeast. :) Colorado today (if not in the high country) is looking like a day to get out into the creek if you don't have to work (I do so I won't be dipping a pan or getting my Bazooka into the water).

Good luck to you wherever you manage to get out; may there be gold in your pans. Don't forget pictures!

Scooby903

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I live right by Cherry Creek in Denver and it takes me literally 3 minutes to get to it, lol. I'll get up in the mountains in a few weeks hopefully...can't wait!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks! I live right by Cherry Creek in Denver and it takes me literally 3 minutes to get to it, lol. I'll get up in the mountains in a few weeks hopefully...can't wait!

That must be very nice. I have to drive and fight traffic all up I-25 and then east over to Cherry Creek. I am very envious of you and Kevin. It is a two hour round trip for me. (I can hear Russau now saying he wished he was _only_ two hours away from decent gold). :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin's own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

Got out digging today for the first time this month. My outings streak is now at 46 months straight! Went back to my honey hole to find that the hole I left for a couple weeks was totally filled in with lightweight Quartz sand. Since I always dig down to bedrock before expanding my hole that's ok. I dug a bit and then it was time to move my dam. I tossed all the rocks in the dam about 8-10 feet up stream so I can now dig the next stretch of creek bed without hauling buckets. Then I dug the streambed out where the dam had been and ran that material thru the sluice...it wouldn't do to leave that strip of paydirt would it?!!

Good fun, beautiful digging weather and gold in the pan :-)

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you could get out. I had planned to get out, or a least wash some cons in the garage, but the downside of teaching cadets struck Friday morning--I flu or something like it. The cadets, especially the 4 degrees (frosh) never get enough sleep, and are constantly passing colds, flu, etc., back and forth. When you are with them in close quarters, eventually you get it also. So Friday and Saturday I mostly spent in bed recovering.

Today is supposed to be even better weather; maybe I will wash some cons today if the weather hits 70+ like predicted and I feel better.

Waiting to see what you managed to find yesterday. (Hint, see, as in pictures). :) Hope you got a gram an hour; well at least a pennyweight per hour!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread