Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LoL! Here's the gold from the last three outings: Clear Creek at Arapahoe Bar Prospecting Park (top), South Platte at Grant Frontier Park (right side) and South Boulder Creek including a picker! View attachment 1051051 These were Sept 3, 5 and 6th adding up to 0.07 grams with that one nice 3D picker from S Boulder Creek :)

Nicely textured gold

Even though im never happy with 60-70 flakes a day

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LoL, me either Kiddo :)

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are really neat pics Kevin. Love that picker too. Still waiting to find my first little chunk, too many flakes, but I'm still happy with any type of gold. Except maybe not a speck of flour gold.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did the sample pan of thise spots show up better than they were or something?
No, it was more a matter of opportunistic prospecting (I'm here so what the heck!) and with south boulder Creek it was a friend who desperately wanted to prospect there AND the known possibility of pickers which are rare in CO overall.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a great day out in the Colorado mountains Drywashing today. Dug 7 samples, each 4 partial buckets, in my area of interest and am fining gold in all the samples but no honey hole yet ;) Beautiful day to run a Keene 151! image-1806866645.jpg First time Drywashing but found gold! Here is the color from one of our seven samples. image-2969696097.jpg

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know you said you were going to wear dust masks....I sure we just can't see them, right?

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know you said you were going to wear dust masks....I sure we just can't see them, right?
this was just a quick pose for the camera when we were about to go off to dig buckets of dirt :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More prospecting fun this weekend...spent today/Sunday at Dennis O'Neill's place because Steve wanted to get over there. Worked very hard digging and running the sluice in the beautiful Colorado fall weather... image-612636318.jpg image-1399951737.jpg ...and the gold. Look at all that -50 (on the left) caught by my new Bazooka! image-2568670159.jpg

Last edited:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a whole bunch! Did you go with the prospector 36 or the 30 again?

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a whole bunch! Did you go with the prospector 36 or the 30 again?
My new Bazooka is the 36" Prospector with the thicker plastic and heavier grizzly bars too. It does weigh a bit more but so far I'm really happy with the choice.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My appetite is very wet to get my dredge in there!!n
I can definitely recommend Dennis ONeils place for dredging. Met a guy there yesterday who's been going there for five years with his dredge. Dennis charges $5 a day for sluicing, not sure if it's the same for dredging. He is on a creek that runs from Twin Lakes into the Arkansas River.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Sherry! Here's some more...from Clear Creek in North Denver just up stream of Washington Street. The Tymkovich Meat Market lets prospectors park in their north lot so I always go in and buy stuff too...yum! The Gold Prospectors of the Rockies had an outing there today. The president grilled burgers and stuff. I think I spent more time socializing than digging but had fun.

image-3700941354.jpg

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually that's multiple pieces stuck together due to a little bit of mercury acting as amalgam.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread