Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts) - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree857Likes

Thread: Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    355 times
    Prospecting
    Desert tortoise is my favorite. What a hardy little creature they are. Very sociable as well. You tickle their back feet and they will stick their necks out to get rubbed. They love getting their necks rubbed. If you ever handle a wild one for any reason, like to move them out of traffic or harm, when you pick them up, you are supposed to tuck their tails under them immemdiately so they don't pee. That way they won't get dehydrated. At least that was what was told to me. Makes sense. I killed one on the highway one day. I was cruising along on the blacktop, and saw something in the road. I thought it was a rock. I didn't worry about it because it was in the middle of my lane. Well, just as I went over it, I saw it was a turtle. I looked in the rear view, and saw it broken flipping through the air. I felt horrible for a long time, in fact still do. Here that turtle lived in the harshest environment for who know, maybe 30 years, and stupid me comes along and kills it.
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10580 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeta_bear View Post
    me too! its hard to type when im shoveling. lol well it was more like 3hrs
    3 hours! I'm impressed. That's a lot of digging on a cold winter day I got out again for an hour or so after work (well, technically in between since I have a two hour meeting tonight). Still not as much creek time as you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard F. View Post
    I love that you guys can get out on your lunch break. I work 2 blocks from Cherry Creek in Aurora, but I'm not familiar with these waters at all. I commute by bike on the Cherry Creek Path -- from REI to the reservoir -- and I've never seen anyone prospecting.
    Dude, there's gold in Cherry creek all thru town. I've found gold in the creek where Colorado Blvd crosses it and down in LoDo. The gold comes from Douglas county so it's ALL thru town! Time to start searching, sampling and getting at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ALewis View Post
    had a red ear slider & chinese box turtle...
    Nice...your just jealous but don't worry, you're one of the cool kids too ;-)

Jul 2013
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    3 hours! I'm impressed. That's a lot of digging on a cold winter day I got out again for an hour or so after work (well, technically in between since I have a two hour meeting tonight). Still not as much creek time as you :P
    its easy to do when your not getting along with your wife... COLD, it would have been much colder staying home.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10580 times
    Prospecting
    its easy to do when your not getting along with your wife... COLD, it would have been much colder staying home.
    uh oh. Better go home and take your medicine Tweeta! People first, gold second...

us
    Oct 2012
    Bostonia,Ca
    933 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I like kitty cats

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10580 times
    Prospecting
    I'm sure you do...I have no polite response to this LoL
    ALewis, Goldwasher and EagleDown like this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Bostonia,Ca
    933 times
    Sorry Kevin, it was just a random thought! :-)
    KevinInColorado likes this.

Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    1254 times
    Rando thought:

Where the @##$% is UPS/FEDEX with my scale I ordered? Should be here tomorrow, looking forward to actually seeing what I got instead of: "Meh, that looks about right."

Take care of her Tweeta, half that sluice is hers hahah <3

Jul 2013
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospector70 View Post
    Rando thought:

Take care of her Tweeta, half that sluice is hers hahah <3
    what do you mean half hers... she dont shovel into it. if it came to a divorce i would fight for custody of it besides she can have the super mini and ill take the prospector lol its not going to come to that but if it did...
    the problem is she isnt taking care of me, i read a thing that said "if a man orgasms 4 time a week it cut the risk of prostate cancer" well i can tell you im a few behind this week... last week... the week before that and so on... i know now what my demise is going to be!
    Last edited by tweeta_bear; Feb 04, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    355 times
    Prospecting
    Doesn't the lord help those who help themselves? Lol
    lastleg likes this.
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

Jul 2013
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post

Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.
    well one hand anyway... i havent figured out how to use 2 yet. lol

Jul 2013
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kazcoro View Post
    Doesn't the lord help those who help themselves? Lol
    well ive been trying to help myself to the gold... maybe he could help me out with some more?

Jul 2013
    176 times
    i think we officially took over kevins thread... jump in here kevin this is you thread and i dont think it could get anymore off thack then it already is :-P

us
    Feb 2013
    Arvada, CO
    15 times
    Prospecting
    This thread has potential.

us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    355 times
    Prospecting
    well one hand anyway... i havent figured out how to use 2 yet. lol
    Just be careful, you'll shoot your eye out...

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links