Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i think we officially took over kevins thread... jump in here kevin this is you thread and i dont think it could get anymore off thack then it already is :-P

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, the ultimate hijack! LoL...gues I was asking for it with the thread title :-P

You guys are so funny, love it. Wonder what the mods would say about some of this tho ;)

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
Wow, the ultimate hijack! LoL...gues I was asking for it with the thread title :-P

You guys are so funny, love it. Wonder what the mods would say about some of this tho ;)

the mods might SPIT... out all its gold.
pun intended.
besides we gotta keep our spirits UP... in this cold weather.
again pun intended.

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold weather is right! Single digit temps at night, highs around twenty. Everything is frozen solid. Winter is boring, and could be expensive, I'm eyeing dredges now! Yikes

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, snowed all day today here, high of 6 degrees tomorrow...really glad I got out yesterday!!

PS 45 min of digging at lunch yielded 1/10 gram. Still have to pan the post work dig results.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with all that cold weather. It's been in the upper 60s here during the days and only down to the 30s at night. .. And this is with a "Cold Snap".

I'm starting to get bored here as well. I'm out of materials to process, have "Shake and baked" every bit of black sand I'd saved up and I can't think of any good projects to build. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to the claim but Robi has the truck anyway so I can't restock on materials to run. Maybe I should sell the house here and move in with AzViper........

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Well I decided to wait till bazooka comes out with high banker kit. Then I will be selling my recirculating royal sluice (which gets great gold) and putting all the blame on Kevin if the bazooka doesn't catch as much. Lol. And when I purchase it I will make sure I mention Kevin by name to sales rep and explain what a great promoter of their product he really is. So cross your fingers and let's all pray Kevin is right. P.S. This is just a random thought for the thread.

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
The other day I dug out my dad's old football table game. You guys remember the ones you plugged in and everyone lined up and the whole thing vibrated and the players moved all over. You could move a little switch on guy to make em move left or right. Anyway. It got me thinking about black sand and how to separate. I took it apart and messed with it a little bit and then put some black sand on it and I'll be damned it actually pulled out gold I never thought was there. Minuscule amount but gold. I used a squirt bottle and tried different angles to get it. But anyway it was fun and shows that if you want gold , it's where yea find it.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with all that cold weather. It's been in the upper 60s here during the days and only down to the 30s at night. .. And this is with a "Cold Snap". I'm starting to get bored here as well. I'm out of materials to process, have "Shake and baked" every bit of black sand I'd saved up and I can't think of any good projects to build. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to the claim but Robi has the truck anyway so I can't restock on materials to run. Maybe I should sell the house here and move in with AzViper........
Doesn't everyone choose their home based on the commute? ...to the gold!?

Well I decided to wait till bazooka comes out with high banker kit. Then I will be selling my recirculating royal sluice (which gets great gold) and putting all the blame on Kevin if the bazooka doesn't catch as much. Lol. And when I purchase it I will make sure I mention Kevin by name to sales rep and explain what a great promoter of their product he really is. So cross your fingers and let's all pray Kevin is right. P.S. This is just a random thought for the thread.
My wife says it's always my fault so go ahead and blame me! If you mention my name I'm sure they won't add too much of a surcharge ;-)

The other day I dug out my dad's old football table game. You guys remember the ones you plugged in and everyone lined up and the whole thing vibrated and the players moved all over. You could move a little switch on guy to make em move left or right. Anyway. It got me thinking about black sand and how to separate. I took it apart and messed with it a little bit and then put some black sand on it and I'll be damned it actually pulled out gold I never thought was there. Minuscule amount but gold. I used a squirt bottle and tried different angles to get it. But anyway it was fun and shows that if you want gold , it's where yea find it.
Now that's thinking! When can I stop by with 10 pounds to run on it? LoL Seriously, if you don't want it as a game, I could see adding the right surface to it, a receptacle to catch the waste material at one end, and ending up with a useful tool.

PS: finished panning my cons from Monday, ended up with 0.25g in under 2 hours dig time. Really happy with the new sample hole I started as it produced 0.16g in about an hour. Now I plan to dig all the material in that streak next to the creek bank so I have my work cut out for me :-)

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I tried the same thing but the Seahawk players kept knocking over all the Bronco players and stole all the gold.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ROTFLMAO! Sounds right ...unfortunately :(

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Yea Kevin my mind is going now. I'm looking at designs on vibrating tables. I'm going to try and use this small metal rod to put some even grooves at an angle. Then have it grab the waste and slide it to the corner of the end zone. While the gold goes right over Peyton mannings head and stays in the other end zone for the safety. I think I found a two dollar vibrating black sand separator. And I know where there is more. For only couple bucks. Lol. This is What minus 15 degrees will do to the gold fever. I'm feeling hot!!! Lol.

Jdrasberry

Greenie
Aug 27, 2013
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200, White's Bullseye 140mm
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't go sluicing in 28 year old rubber boots. They sure looked and felt fine, like nothing was wrong with them. They had sat in a nice warm clean closet for the last 10 years of so. But when they got in the stream the left one opened a crack which got bigger and bigger until my left foot was full of water. That really puts a damper on working in the stream.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't go sluicing in 28 year old rubber boots. They sure looked and felt fine, like nothing was wrong with them. They had sat in a nice warm clean closet for the last 10 years of so. But when they got in the stream the left one opened a crack which got bigger and bigger until my left foot was full of water. That really puts a damper on working in the stream.
It was still good fun getting out on the creek with you yesterday Joe :)
I ended up stopping at another spot on the way home and got 0.12 grams for the day :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread