Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts) - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree857Likes

Thread: Kevins own thread - a journal (but feel free to post random thoughts)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Keith

Feb 2013
    Glendale
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
    355 times
    Prospecting
    You must be the guy on this site that works the most material while still holding down a job. Def jealous. I have a buddy that lives in Denver. I told him that there was gold right there in town. He was pretty incredulous.
    Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it. Sigmund Freud

us
    Aug 2013
    Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    White's MXT, Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200, White's Bullseye 140mm
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    It was still good fun getting out on the creek with you yesterday Joe
    I ended up stopping at another spot on the way home and got 0.12 grams for the day
    Yes it was fun! When I got home I looked so Happy my wife knew I had had a great time. Today I went to Bass Pro and bought a pair of their hip waders. Way overkill but now I'm ready for deep water. lol I can't wait to get out again next week while it is still warm! It is fantastic to find a little gold this close to home! Thanks Again Kevin!

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10616 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by kazcoro View Post
    You must be the guy on this site that works the most material while still holding down a job. Def jealous. I have a buddy that lives in Denver. I told him that there was gold right there in town. He was pretty incredulous.
    Nice of you to say and might be true ;-) I'd like to think there's guys in Calif mother lode country who do better while working full time but at least here in Denver I suppose. It sure helps to have productive creeks close to home...gotta love Denver!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrasberry View Post
    Yes it was fun! When I got home I looked so Happy my wife knew I had had a great time. Today I went to Bass Pro and bought a pair of their hip waders. Way overkill but now I'm ready for deep water. lol I can't wait to get out again next week while it is still warm! It is fantastic to find a little gold this close to home! Thanks Again Kevin!
    So glad to hear that Joe. The time with you really made my day! I definitely approve of the hip waders, boots just aren't long enough most times. My second prospecting stop on Thursday included two 'soakers' as I stepped in my own hole, deeper than the boot is tall. Brr! (Understandable mistake when the water is so full of sediment from snow melt runoff that you can't see the skid plate of your sluice thru an inch or so of water...the hole I dug was quite invisible ;-) Waders would have made all the difference. Ah well, it's all part of the adventure
    Jdrasberry likes this.

us
    Aug 2013
    Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    White's MXT, Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200, White's Bullseye 140mm
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ha Ha cold wet feet are no fun.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10616 times
    Prospecting
    Got out today, sunny, windy and cold but a friend invited me over to a spot he has sampled a bit...he wanted more sampling so I dug a couple holes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-188064256.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	634.1 KB 
ID:	948414
    GoldpannerDave likes this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10616 times
    Prospecting
    Pics of the site

Name:	image-2788703838.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	824.6 KB 
ID:	948450

Name:	image-4144115044.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	948416 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2900365956.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	948419 Notice the river cobble in the bank...yup that's the source
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Feb 20, 2014 at 09:28 PM.
    Fullpan likes this.

Jul 2013
    176 times
    very nice

It is more than a hobby. It is a lifestyle .

Dec 2012
    Redding, Ca
    BGT Prospector BGT Super Mini Angus MacKirk Explorer South Yuba Mining Highbanker
    367 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Pics of the site

Name:	image-2788703838.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	824.6 KB 
ID:	948450

Name:	image-4144115044.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	948416 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2900365956.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	948419 Notice the river cobble in the bank...yup that's the source
    What's that green thing in the bucket for? I think I used to use one of those....... Lol
    Aufisher likes this.
    Alan U
    "Crack Addict"

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10616 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdg Sluicer View Post
    What's that green thing in the bucket for? I think I used to use one of those....... Lol
    Good catch! I shoveled directly into my Bazooka Prospector just like usual...no bucket or classifier involved. I only use the classifier to pull the larger gravel out of my cons. I usually do a quick classify and partial panning at the creek to reduce how much material I carry out. It also helps on days like today when I am sampling several areas and so, pulling the sluice after each sample hole, classifying the cons and panning them down enough to see what we think of that sample hole.

Btw total take for the outing was 0.23 grams. A good start to my new month (month starts the morning after the monthly Gold Prospectors of the Rockies meeting. We have a contest for most gold found. I won in january, came in second last night for Feb...good friendly competition motivates me to get out there (as if the fever wasn't enough already!)

Oh and my wife laughed at me for going out on such a cold day...what does she know :P
    Prospector70 and Aufisher like this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Bostonia,Ca
    933 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice take! Headed out in Sunday, hoping to pull .25 grams... It's there, just gotta move the dirt

Jul 2013
    176 times
    hey kevin this meeting you go to every month, do you have to be a member? how can i get in on this meeting because my knowledge is by far not vast enuff!

Jul 2013
    176 times
    hey kevin, this meeting you go to evry month do you have to be a member? how do i get in on this meeting because my knowledge by far is not vast enuff.

Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    1254 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Man I'm glad to see you guys posting here, they found a body in the platte today. Be safe out there people
    Body found in South Platte River | 9news.com

Jul 2013
    176 times
    thats right down from my shop! mwahahah "hey that guy with the funny looking shovel"
    wink wink

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    10616 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeta_bear View Post
    hey kevin, this meeting you go to evry month do you have to be a member? how do i get in on this meeting because my knowledge by far is not vast enuff.
    You don't have to be a member to attend, we have visitors every month. It's the 3rd Wed at 7pm. Go here http://www.lornet.com/prospector/index.html for more details. Very active club as far as outings, training sessions and such too.

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links