Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky has your dad doing. Hoping he doing better.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
His body is no producing its own red blood cells (producing more blood) on its own. white counts are down to single digits so he literally does not have an immune system. Gave him a transfusion yesterday to try to make him at least feel more human and moved him to a larger room in the oncology unit for visitors. i will try to visit him today during lunch.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
His body is no producing its own red blood cells (producing more blood) on its own. white counts are down to single digits so he literally does not have an immune system. Gave him a transfusion yesterday to try to make him at least feel more human and moved him to a larger room in the oncology unit for visitors. i will try to visit him today during lunch.

I'm so sorry to hear that Ducky. Have a good visit with him.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Praying things turn around. For the better.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quick update.. Dad's tumor is growing in size despite the chemo. His most recent cat scan shows a new growth in his right lunch which was previously clear of any cancer. In other news I've got myself a new to me prospecting mobile!!! 2003 Volvo xc70. 141k miles which all of the maintenence done at the dealership. My brother found it at the auctions here for $3200!!!

Attachments

• 1444502798208.jpg
    1444502798208.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 1444502809068.jpg
    1444502809068.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And plenty of room for the necessities

Attachments

• 1444503058945.jpg
    1444503058945.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 73

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear about your dad. You'll appreciate being able to haul almost all your gear and be ready to tackle almost anything. The space I have now is the result of my Lab passing tho I'd give it all up to have him back. :icon_thumright:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky that new growth doesn't sound good; are they going to remove it or hope chem/radiation gets it? Very sorry to hear this new report was not much, much better. Praying for you guys.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are going to be doing a biopsy in the very near future to determine two things:
1. Has the chemo slowed the actual cancer down at all in the original tumor (doubtful considering the growth increase)
2. What exactly is this new growth in the right lung.

Waiting for the lung Dr to get in contact with him to set up some sort of appointment.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quick update.. Dad's tumor is growing in size despite the chemo. His most recent cat scan shows a new growth in his right lunch which was previously clear of any cancer. In other news I've got myself a new to me prospecting mobile!!! 2003 Volvo xc70. 141k miles which all of the maintenence done at the dealership. My brother found it at the auctions here for $3200!!!

Nice Volvo, low mileage for year! Just traded in wife's xc90 this summer. Was really good car loved how it handled. Busted through hood high snowbanks no problem! The only thing I didn't like was repair bill when it broke. One of last ones was rear driveline 1300.00! Which only 100.00 was labor. Good thing it didn't break down very often. One of the safest cars out there(which after what you did to last car might be nice ; ) ) but darn expensive parts.
Praying for your dad and family.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey!! I can see you posted in my thread but for some reason? I can't get into it. I just get a white screen. Anyhow, I looked at your profile to see what you posted and I'll respond here!:laughing7:

Thanks, And Sounds like a fun adventure! That would be a blast to go dig around some more!

Sorry, I was obviously thinking I was in another thread. Do I plead old age, stupidity or just lack of focus? :) Again, mea culpa.

Maybe the system cross-linked me, because when I responded it put me in Ducky's thread, which is where my original post should have been. ???

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear about your dad Ducky. Prayers to him and your family.

Nice ride there.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well sorry guys... I know its been a while but im still here!

A few updates:
I am no longer working for the company i was. I took a new job paying nearly double my old salary working from home. The catch it, ive got to move somewhere around the Charlotte NC area by June. I basically doing the same thing. Helping customers troubleshoot their server and storage issues and figuring out a plan on how to fix it.

Dad has what the Dr thinks is his last treatment today as they dont think his frail body can handle anymore. There will be a reassessment with an MRI/Body scan to see if the chemo has worked or just delayed. Hoping for the best! Hope to post some gold pics here soon.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, Ducky, I am praying for the best results for your Dad.

In regards to the job, the pay increase sounds great; moving not so much. But there is gold in NC (you knew that). Please keep us posted. May the new year be a great one for you.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same here. Best to you and your whole family as you all deal with life's changes and challenges!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same here praying everything works out for the better.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Ducky, hope you have a good day buddy. Take care.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky I hope the best for you and your family. You have done a remarkable job taking care of your Father. God Bless

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread