Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, i was hoping to hit the creek one last time before work starts to pick up more and before the weather starts getting cooler. Looks like it just isnt going to happen. My normal 55 to 60 hour work weeks are soon to be 60 - 70 hour work weeks for the end of the year. ive only got 2 buckets at home of material that i havent even concentrated down yet. I do however have a sluice design that im looking forward to build during the off season from mining. ill share more details with you later about it but it has DizzyDigger intrigued which tells me its worth prototyping. Details to come!

Camper292000

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2013
Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to show you mine if you show me yours. Mine is 32 inch long. 1/4" lauan wood. Pvc pipe in bottom section to fluidize the capture bed. I panned some tailing and seems to be working. It's gotta be more productive than the pan at least!

Sent from my Android Moto G on Straighttalk

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll have to show you mine if you show me yours. Mine is 32 inch long. 1/4" lauan wood. Pvc pipe in bottom section to fluidize the capture bed. I panned some tailing and seems to be working. It's gotta be more productive than the pan at least! Sent from my Android Moto G on Straighttalk

Sounds somewhat like the bazooka fluid bed design. I'd love to know more too!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky, ask your wife to give you one day to get some pay dirt! Take a friend and dig your arses off and bring a ton of pay dirt to pan for the winter... I can't bear to see you like this!!! ;-)

It's not the wife, it's the damn work. I hate being a responsible adult...

Camper292000

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2013
Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow someone hit a 5 lb nugget in California with a metal detector. Google it

Sent from my Android Moto G on Straighttalk

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok good that it's not the wifey! And I feel the same way about the adult thing...

Tell your boss that SHERRY said to give you a day off to go dig... WITH PAY! ;-)

you have to live in Sweden for those kinda benefits

now if I can just get a week off from school...

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well,it seems im going to be out of the prospecting game for the remainder of the season. Ive got to start picking the stuff we grow so i can get it all canned before it goes bad. Trying to get it all stored up for the winter time. Its amazing how much money you can save by canning your own foods. even buying dried beans from the store instead of the pre cooked canned beans saves tons of money over the year. Things we grew this year that im canning are as followed:

Collards, squash, Okra, Pinto beans, going to do some pickles, LOTS of tomatos, going to do tomato sauces and diced etc. Very excited to get this years crop all saved up for the winter. Ill be reading some topics but most likely wont be posting for a week or 2.

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people don't know that there was a gold rush in Georgia in 1829. This got overshadowed by the California gold rush. Georgia Gold Rush

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky, I've been in withdrawals for some real Southern cooking for a long time. Well my Aunt came into town and brought fresh from her garden in Alabama some collard greens, and the small white peas, which are the best! She also made Gouda Mac and cheese, an oatmeal meatloaf and homemade cornbread and date balls coated in powdered sugar! I'd consider giving up prospecting for the winter for plenty of those white peas alone! ;-)

Attachments

• image-1249213767.png
    image-1249213767.png
    491.2 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm eating some home made vegetable soup. Everything from the garden, even the cabbage in it! And cornbread crumbled in it.... Murica

You best believe I'm going to be canning this soup leftovers too!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm eating some home made vegetable soup. Everything from the garden, even the cabbage in it! And cornbread crumbled in it.... Murica You best believe I'm going to be canning this soup leftovers too!

Sounds delicious..maybe we shoukd trade recipies..or start a new thread somewhere.. Whats for dinner: how to prepare.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I was dredging hard ,I considered MREs quite a treat. Nothing compared to good ol Southern cookin'

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on ya to reap the rewards on growing your own. I grow a half acre garden just put it all up for the winter. Which is here now so I'm all done freezing and canning but had a great season. Put up 20 quarts of pickles, and even more mater sauce. Post a pic of your harvest, that's as gold as gold in my book!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
errr i dont have anything recent but i think i have one of when we planted it earlier this year. ill see if i can dig it up tonight when i get off work. Once i get everything canned and labeled ill get some pictures up also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread