Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do i need to make a flare for it or just drop the sands and gravel right on the circles?

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
any recommendations for running it? its about 22" long drop riffle. i assume it should be run flat or close to it. i know my 50" isnt even a 4" drop.

one blanket

Nov 14, 2006
for a dam try using 3 plastic shopping bags filled with sand. they do bio-degrade in time and filled 1/2 way make a decent retention dam. Don't forget the lower end of the sluice must be above water for it to work ( you knew that ! )

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
any recommendations for running it? its about 22" long drop riffle. i assume it should be run flat or close to it. i know my 50" isnt even a 4" drop.

You can't run her flat or even at a very slight tilt because it will clog with material quickly and the Gold will just wash over the material and go out of the sluice. I believe that KiddoTheMiner is correct that the norm is one inch drop per foot of sluice but you always have to adjust depending on the flow of water through the sluice, so you may have to adjust the bottom end up or down depending on the flow.

By the way, make sure you remove the manufacturer's sticker label off it before use. You don't want to risk the "g" washing out between the "An" and "us" you know!:laughing7::toothy1:

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That last bit is the best advice I've gotten since I've joined here!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We here is the remaining 2/5ths of my 5 gallon bucket I brought back from that creek I got T-Stormed out of. Still have to pan my tailings from my hose fed sluice set up. First pic is yearly take vs tonight's take. The yearly take is from a couple places and one bag of "unsearched paydirt"

Attachments

• image-2452279570.jpg
    image-2452279570.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 139
  • image-1992979256.jpg
    image-1992979256.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 131
  • image-4220566033.jpg
    image-4220566033.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We here is the remaining 2/5ths of my 5 gallon bucket I brought back from that creek I got T-Stormed out of. Still have to pan my tailings from my hose fed sluice set up.
getting the gold
your doing better than me

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hopefully headed out to the creek this afternoon when the kids take their naps. Can't wait, updates to come!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had to cancel the creek trip today. My family did a surprise party for my 26th birthday. One of my gifts was an amazon gift card and someone else gave me 2 firehouse subs food buckets. Now my whole car smells like pickles.

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had to cancel the creek trip today. My family did a surprise party for my 26th birthday. One of my gifts was an amazon gift card and someone else gave me 2 firehouse subs food buckets. Now my whole car smells like pickles.
lol, was there cake?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
those buckets are great for prospecting since they are thicker than the crap at homedepot and some of the $$ goes to support firefighters :)

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They were only $2 apparently. I'm glong to be getting more of these!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out today for about an hour and a half. Ran 1 full bucked of 1/2" classified material through that AM sluice I got recently. (The one with the defects...) let me know what you guys think!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions