Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well,
Its been a hot minute since ive been out and about. I got out this morning to venture on a creek. Got skunked and it was colder that a witches errr... beer. Mostly just walked around. Did 2 test pans of surface soul with no luck. Black sand is present so thats a good sign. Going to check out some more spots up and down stream that i know have bedrock.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jebuz! You been gone for a mintue.. Welcome back Ducky!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jebuz! You been gone for a mintue.. Welcome back Ducky!

Lets not confuse the words "gone" and "not posting". Ive been hanging around. Work has really been pummeling me lately and i have kinda lost the urge to do much since the majority of my equipment got stolen. There have been other things that need purchasing and replacing before my weekend use equipment.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Update on a fellow prospector.

For those of us who have the pleasure of knowing Goldpanner Dave, he is having a rough start to the year. He was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer and just recently had surgery to remove the affected areas. My understanding is that they basically disconnected where his lower intestine hooks to his large intestine and provided and external bag for waste collection. He was having some complications on the connection port for this waste collection and it was causing some rash and skin irritation but the Dr seems to have gotten it fixed. After his surgery, he noticed a very unpleasantly smelling fluid leaking from effected site (buttocks) and the Dr did a few exams and cat scans to discover a VERY large abscess that needed immediate attention. They were able to get him to the radiology room as needed to insert a very long wire needle in to drain the abscess slowly and it is currently doing so since Saturday morning. Keep him in your prays, he called me Saturday to tell me to update you guys and that he needs some prayer. Its going to be a long 5 week recovery and everything needs to go right. I know his wife is having some health issues of her own so its going to be difficult on them for a while.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor guy, that is some ruff stuff to deal with I can only imagine.. Will pray for him and keep him in my thoughts, thanks for sharing.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's sad news. Those colostomy bags suck, my grandfather had one. Wishing him the best.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope Goldpanner Dave and his wife's recovery is swift and complete.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your buddy. Best wishes.

Dude, did they steal the sluice I sent you?

If so let me know I made it so I'll put a personal voodoo curse on it for ya.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does sound tough. He’s a great guy and a smart prospector. I hope to get out with him again on the other end of this.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry about your buddy. Best wishes.

Dude, did they steal the sluice I sent you?

If so let me know I made it so I'll put a personal voodoo curse on it for ya.

They sure did Goldwasher! Took everything but the bazooka and 1 pan i had in my car. The pan that didnt get gone was sent to me by Mojo himself from cali. Its the plumb colored one.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am fully aware I'm posting for the first time in nearly 3 years. Our property here in NC backs up to 400 acres of private property that 95% woods. Great creek through it. I have permission to be on it so my daughter and I went out for some prospecting. I have test panned this creek to no avail in the past but much further up than where we went. Clean up will have to wait. I'll post pics of the cleanup when I'm done. Felt good to be in the creek again. 20210321_153453.jpg 20210321_150155.jpg

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome back Ducky.

Good luck.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven’t heard (seen) your awesome voice in forever, well done Ducky!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread