ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417811810.676606.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Hunting:
Deal Hunting:

Taking names RSMSherry..

Let me know the Next Trip you are planning.

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still working on my cons from the American River and Bear River trip. Just trying out all of those fun toys that I was given. Learning how to use the equipment, bought various attachments/items needed to connect the hoses etc. and I'm running the cons through everything, maybe a couple times before I post the final take. 👍

Do note that when I post the final take that I was in such awe of the beauty of the area and preoccupied with conversing with new friends (more like talking their ears off) that I was not digging and sluicing at my usual high volume of material. 😜

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still working on my cons from the American River and Bear River trip. Just trying out all of those fun toys that I was given. Learning how to use the equipment, bought various attachments/items needed to connect the hoses etc. and I'm running the cons through everything, maybe a couple times before I post the final take. 👍

Do note that when I post the final take that I was in such awe of the beauty of the area and preoccupied with conversing with new friends (more like talking their ears off) that I was not digging and sluicing at my usual high volume of material. 😜
I know how the blue bowl works, let us know how the burper and the water table work for you! :)

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know how the blue bowl works, let us know how the burper and the water table work for you! :)

What's a burper?

By the way, EVERYONE, I welcome any and all suggestions and recommendations on how to properly use the blue bowl and the water/miller table as well as any of the other products included in my photos in my prior post. 👍

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm guessing this Sherry.

You probably need to dial in the water table or blue bowl. Be sure its level and solid. Even water flow. I lil brush to sweep the gold into a pile before you sniff it all up.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SHERRY's THREAD - My Gold Prospecting Journey

The RCM fluid bed looks like a fun toy...or a huge waste of time to be more blunt. On the video they said they spent 30 min classifying 5 gal of material to 8 mesh and you see him feeding it slowly with a garden trowel. That'll take another 30 minutes. No. Just no. Grab your Bazooka and run that much material...might be 3-5 buckets unclassified, in just 5-10 minutes depending on how far you are carrying the material!

On the other hand, it looks like a good cleanup tool to process your cons down at home. Or just sell on eBay to fund your adventures :D

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah that's the burper, couldnt remember the name haha!
The blue bowl:
Set it up in a storage tub on top of a 5 gallon bucket, get the leveling legs on it. I put a torpedo level on the little output hole and level it, I do it in a triangle pointing toward the legs until everything is level. Fire up the pump and let it fill up, then level it.
Protip: set it up on a table or something where you wont be bending down to watch the action, also get a good light nearby.

I run the smallest stuff first, only a couple spoons at a time. With the bigger stuff I put in 6 or 7 spoons full. only run less than 20 mesh in the bowl. anything bigger can be easily panned.

recovery for me is the water pen straight into a vial, my friend runs his with the snuffer bottle. I check the level at every classification size, as turning it on and off move it around.
I prefer this method to the recirculating sluice, I was bent over it for an hour tweezing gold out of the vmatting lol.

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The RCM fluid bed looks like a fun toy...or a huge waste of time to be more blunt. On the video they said they spent 30 min classifying 5 gal of material to 8 mesh and you see him feeding it slowly with a garden trowel. That'll take another 30 minutes. No. Just no. Grab your Bazooka and run that much material...might be 3-5 buckets unclassified, in just 5-10 minutes depending on how far you are carrying the material!

On the other hand, it looks like a good cleanup tool to process your cons down at home. Or just sell on eBay to fund your adventures :D

Yea, the RCM would only be used if I were running drywash cons at home. Of course if I were near the river the bazooka would be the way to go! 😜

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SHERRY's THREAD - My Gold Prospecting Journey

yeah that's the burper, couldnt remember the name haha!
The blue bowl:
Set it up in a storage tub on top of a 5 gallon bucket, get the leveling legs on it. I put a torpedo level on the little output hole and level it, I do it in a triangle pointing toward the legs until everything is level. Fire up the pump and let it fill up, then level it.
Protip: set it up on a table or something where you wont be bending down to watch the action, also get a good light nearby.

I run the smallest stuff first, only a couple spoons at a time. With the bigger stuff I put in 6 or 7 spoons full. only run less than 20 mesh in the bowl. anything bigger can be easily panned.

recovery for me is the water pen straight into a vial, my friend runs his with the snuffer bottle. I check the level at every classification size, as turning it on and off move it around.
I prefer this method to the recirculating sluice, I was bent over it for an hour tweezing gold out of the vmatting lol.

Hi P70!
I kind of like the sound of burper! 😜

I gotcha on the setup, and I clearly understand your leveling description.👍 I just have to get a good light in my garage for this stuff. Is there specific lighting that you recommend? Can you recommend the best location, distance, angle of the light? I'm sure I could make any light work and figure out a good position but just thought that there may be some Special Lighting Tip resulting from your experience with the cleanup process. 😜

I also use the snuffer bottle for recovery when using equipment , I don't have a lot of patience. 😝 But I use the suction tweezers when transferring to the vials.

So I have a question about using the blue bowl… Is it possible to have the water turned on to fast whereas you blow out the gold?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

You will like those suction tweezers. Now if you don't lose them, 10 should last you for years. I keep an old zipper bank bag to hold all of my gold recovery accessories like tweezers, magnifying glass, vials, mini funnel, extra snuffer bottle, etc.

And although the glass vials sure do make the gold look amazing, they are easily dropped, knocked over and shattered, you may want to consider using the plastic vials if you use them during cleanup. I can't tell you how often I knock over my snuffer bottle at home and drop it or knock it over into the river. So I learned to put a leash with a foam float on my snuffer bottle for the river. 🌊🏊😝

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On the video they said they spent 30 min classifying 5 gal of material to
8 mesh and you see him feeding it slowly with a garden trowel. That'll take another 30 minutes.

I'm about as as slow as they come (they don't call me "Jet Turtle"
for nuthin'!), and I can classify a 5 gal. bucket down to 8 mesh
in about 3 min. or less. What were they using, a teaspoon
and a 4" square of 1/8" screen?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm about as as slow as they come (they don't call me "Jet Turtle"
for nuthin'!), and I can classify a 5 gal. bucket down to 8 mesh
in about 3 min. or less. What were they using, a teaspoon
and a 4" square of 1/8" screen?

That device is not a production device, and as little time As I get to go mining, bazooka is the only way...or let dizz classify and run my cube:). Lol.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi P70!
I kind of like the sound of burper! ��

I gotcha on the setup, and I clearly understand your leveling description.�� I just have to get a good light in my garage for this stuff. Is there specific lighting that you recommend? Can you recommend the best location, distance, angle of the light? I'm sure I could make any light work and figure out a good position but just thought that there may be some Special Lighting Tip resulting from your experience with the cleanup process. ��

I also use the snuffer bottle for recovery when using equipment , I don't have a lot of patience. �� But I use the suction tweezers when transferring to the vials.

So I have a question about using the blue bowl… Is it possible to have the water turned on to fast whereas you blow out the gold?
I got as much light as I can, 2x desk lamps, the garage bulb and one of them two long bulb deals from the h depot i got on a deal for like 20 bucks.

yeah you can blow gold right down the hole, the trick is to watch the material, go slow with the water feed. move up until you see the lights start to dance up the angle. like 2-1 inch from the top for the really light stuff, 1/4 inch from the edge for the heavies. You want to see a "spoke" pattern in the dirt when it's spinning. (the gold will either sit right where it is, or will follow the arms of the 'spoke".

I load it by making a ring of dirt around the outside edge.
HTH,
P70

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread